Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Is he actually any good?

He's certainly not the Cuban Ohtani - like that tweet says. 

It's hard to say; he just made it to the Nippon league this year. He's been pretty solid in the minors for them. He's really young.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's certainly not the Cuban Ohtani - like that tweet says. 

It's hard to say; he just made it to the Nippon league this year. He's been pretty solid in the minors for them. He's really young.

He's roughly the same age as Robert and it's likely they knew each other playing at the same levels in Cuba.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

25 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Would the Sox be able to even sign him? I know they were penalized for awhile after the Robert signing. Don’t really know how the international signing rules work.

Pretty sure the answer is yes. They no longer have penalties and likely have their full allotment of IFA money when Colas becomes available.

Might even be a good time for them to increase that amount by seeking trades that get them more money like the kind that they have been doing trading their IFA money for players. Now that would be shocking. But he fits their mold . Sox like to draft the older guys more than 16 yr. olds .

If we see any trades that increase the Sox IFA money you can guess that Colas is their target. We are just not sure at this time  at which signing period he will be eligible. Could be as early as this July .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Pretty sure the answer is yes. They no longer have penalties and likely have their full allotment of IFA money when Colas becomes available.

Might even be a good time for them to increase that amount by seeking trades that get them more money like the kind that they have been doing trading their IFA money for players. Now that would be shocking. But he fits their mold . Sox like to draft the older guys more than 16 yr. olds .

If we see any trades that increase the Sox IFA money you can guess that Colas is their target. We are just not sure at this time  at which signing period he will be eligible. Could be as early as this July .

Just need it to be in next class (I’ll save the lecture on “maybe this is why you don’t trade away your intl money for cash just because there is nobody currently available”)

• Like 2

Just now, bmags said:

Just need it to be in next class (I’ll save the lecture on “maybe this is why you don’t trade away your intl money for cash just because there is nobody currently available”)

You'd be preaching to the choir with a lecture in that regard. I harp on that and their whole approach to IFA with regularity.

11 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

By the way, what ever happened to the poster @Cubano?  I always enjoyed reading his input on Cuban prospects.

Yea he was good with that. I tried to google more about the kid and see if he had any connection to Luis Robert but too much came up in Spanish and only one mentioned Robert in the article but not as knowing him, I just assume they knew each other since they are the same age and likely played at the same levels before Robert signed with the Sox.