Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

3 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Management already preparing Twin fans for disappointment hahaha. 

I'm not going to complain about Jerry being cheap anymore when the Pohlads are running the Twins. Jesus H. Christ what a bunch of misers. 

Jerry spends money, he just doesn't like to put it all in a few places. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Haha, fvcking losers.  I love it.  Nice offseason.  Didn’t get that “impact pitching” that their front office promised to try for after going cheap on 40 year old and injured Rich Hill and a mediocre Homer Bailey and now they won’t even spend what they saved on a big bat.  The Sox will own the AL Central starting this year.

http://m.startribune.com/twins-likely-out-of-the-bidding-for-josh-donaldson/566722402/?refresh=true

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Haha, fvcking losers.  I love it.  Nice offseason.  Didn’t get that “impact pitching” that their front office promised to try for after going cheap on 40 year old and injured Rich Hill and a mediocre Homer Bailey and now they won’t even spend what they saved on a big bat.  The Sox will own the AL Central starting this year.

http://m.startribune.com/twins-likely-out-of-the-bidding-for-josh-donaldson/566722402/?refresh=true

As always you take this kind of reporting with a dash of salt, but it sounds to me like they are unofficially out if you read the stuff coming out the last few days.  This is great.  Their fanbase thinks they are still a 100 win team as well with that staff and the ridic season they had at the plate last year.

42 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

As always you take this kind of reporting with a dash of salt, but it sounds to me like they are unofficially out if you read the stuff coming out the last few days.  This is great.  Their fanbase thinks they are still a 100 win team as well with that staff and the ridic season they had at the plate last year.

Lmfao 

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I think I’m in the minority here, but I would love to see the Twins sign Josh Donaldson. Giving a 34 year old over 100 million dollars doesn’t usually work out to well and that contract crippling them in the future would be fantastic.

I'm good. I don't want talented players on their roster. They already have enough of them. 

17 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I think I’m in the minority here, but I would love to see the Twins sign Josh Donaldson. Giving a 34 year old over 100 million dollars doesn’t usually work out too well and that contract crippling them in the future would be fantastic.

That’s not really crippling money and Donaldson’s bat has aged very well.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:46 AM, Moan4Yoan said:

According to his agent, who has every reason to lie about it.  I don’t buy that story.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:54 AM, SonofaRoache said:

Lol at stepped in a hole. It's like when dude from the Bears broke his hands tripping over his dog. Or the guy who tripped over his luggage. 

On 12/14/2019 at 7:57 AM, SonofaRoache said:

Not saying stepping in a hole isn't bad. I'm saying that is probably not what happened. The team wouldn't aggressively reduce his salary if it were a simple honest accident. He did something for them to take adverse action. 

He stepped in a hole.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/03/yoenis-cespedes-ankle-fractures-came-during-incident-with-wild-boar/

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

That’s not really crippling money and Donaldson’s bat has aged very well.

Spending $25mm+ on a 38 year old Donaldson would be in many ways crippling for the Twins. I too am in the camp that I'd hope they sign him.

Just now, SoxAce said:

The exact length of the deal is unknown but includes multi-year mutual vesting options. The Riverdale actress bride also had a tattoo of her betrothed attached to her lower left booty-call region. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

It wasnt simply stepping in a hole. The incident involved a wild animal, which was the problem. 

You LOL'd at stepping in a hole  not the facts surrounding it because there were no facts before this.Both sides thought they could lose or win the arbitrator decision so they compromised. You said stepping in a hole is probably not what happened  when in fact that is what happened. You never questioned how he ended up stepping in the hole , you just didn't  believe he stepped in the hole. Don't go moving the goalposts . You could've ignored my updated post or admitted you were wrong but instead choose to try to change your story when it's right there on the page in black and white.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

He stepped in a hole while pig hunting.  Wild pigs are a problem in Florida.  They're everywhere.  They come out at night and do a lot of destruction of plants, etc.  Traps are everywhere, but the damn pigs are too smart.  They also reproduce like crazy.  A mature sow can get pregnant 2-4 times a year and have 12 piglets at a time.  They are hunted by pros, but they need to be licensed.  The pigs are winning.  Not a fair fight.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You LOL'd at stepping in a hole  not the facts surrounding it because there were no facts before this.Both sides thought they could lose or win the arbitrator decision so they compromised. You said stepping in a hole is probably not what happened  when in fact that is what happened. You never questioned how he ended up stepping in the hole , you just didn't  believe he stepped in the hole. Don't go moving the goalposts . You could've ignored my updated post or admitted you were wrong but instead choose to try to change your story when it's right there on the page in black and white.

Basically, I was saying it was an incident that he probably is being blamed for, if they are taking back all that cash.