Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

Blue Jay's still without a home. The Jay's are in a bubble at Rogers Center and US visitors would be subject to quarrentine. I don't see this working out given the US numbers. Maybe by next week they will realize it's time to pack up the bus for Buffalo. They have the national, provincial and city regs all working against them. Not happening. 

On 7/15/2020 at 7:25 PM, pcq said:

Blue Jay's still without a home. The Jay's are in a bubble at Rogers Center and US visitors would be subject to quarrentine. I don't see this working out given the US numbers. Maybe by next week they will realize it's time to pack up the bus for Buffalo. They have the national, provincial and city regs all working against them. Not happening. 

In spite of false reports of a deal by Ontario Premier Doug Ford, Canada's immigration minister has advised the Jay's that their request for a quarantine exemption has been denied. The Jay's will not be able to play games in Canada. The culprit is US hotspots where players would be traveling to and from. Canada has a much lesser spread of CV and only a couple of hot spots. Their AAA park in Buffalo is in play but would require upgrades for replay or lighting tech so a decision remains to be made. Quite a mess. 

16 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Puig is now a free agent again after testing positive for COVID-19, his contract was contingent on testing negative.

His contract was subject to passing a physical and he did not. 

20 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Because he has COVID-19. 

And this is why I argued so strongly in the off season not to sign Puig. There will always be a certain segment of society who marches to their own beat and in doing so puts himself above his team mates if he cannot conform to certain society norms. Now I have no idea the circumstances in which Puig got the virus but we do know that following rules was never his thing so self destructive behavior is part of his pattern.

I will admit I had said recently  to sign him thinking his talent could overshadow his personality shortcomings in such a short season. I was wrong. Must have been temporary insanity.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

11 minutes ago, flavum said:

Watching a little of the game there tonight. Definitely different, but they should be there for a while. They needed a roof.

There wasn't a worse place to watch a game during the summer than their last park. With the closed off OF the air did not move in there. In the summer it can still be 100 degrees at 10 at night and it was just stagnant and stifling.