Yolmer non-tendered

Princess Dye

Just now, ChiSoxJon said:

Wonder if he comes back for less, very open to that and have a quality bench asset

If not, best of luck to a great guy I've been watching since A ball

Doubt it. Why expose him to waivers instead of just non-tendering him? Especially a week before he even needs to be offered a contract. This comes off as a needing to clear a 40-man spot.

Maybe this is to do Yolmer a solid. I would imagine someone is going to claim him and probably try to work something out before they have  to tender him.  There are several ways they could go if a roster spot is immediately needed. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Yolmer eventually found his way back at a lower figure.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Maybe this is to do Yolmer a solid. I would imagine someone is going to claim him and probably try to work something out before they have  to tender him.  There are several ways they could go if a roster spot is immediately needed. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Yolmer eventually found his way back at a lower figure.

I think if there were mutual interest in Yolmer coming back a lower figure, this move wouldn’t be necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you planned on non-tendering Yolmer on Monday, then he’s without question the guy you cut to open up a roster spot.

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think if there were mutual interest in Yolmer coming back a lower figure, this move wouldn’t be necessary. 

Once he finds out there isn’t $5 million or so out there for him, he might be of a different thought. He was a 1.0 WAR player hitting as bad as he has for years even with a juiced ball 

I am as sick of him as anyone, but if you go by WAR at all to pay guys, he isn’t going to take $2 or $3 million until he has no other choice. And if that’s all that is out there, coming back might be his choice.

Edited by Dick Allen

9 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

So I guess this means Leury is the opening day 2B when Madrigal is sent down to prove he is ready for two weeks.

My guess is Madrigal is extended in the last days of ST just like Eloy.  Just need to see him have a solid Spring.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why would unnecessarily outright say Vieira if you plan to non-tender Yolmer in a week?

Maybe but It would be a miracle if a guy like Viera made it to spring training still on the 40 any way. There are several in the same boat.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why would unnecessarily outright say Vieira if you plan to non-tender Yolmer in a week?

I think they have a list of all players they will tender and the order in which they do doesnt matter.

As Dick said, this could be doing Yolmer a solid.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think they have a list of all players they will tender and the order in which they do doesnt matter.

As Dick said, this could be doing Yolmer a solid.

Yolmer is the only guy we’re non-tendering, so your point isn’t really applicable.  However, there are four or five pitchers on the 40 man roster who are candidates to be outrighted when we do add players but there’s simply no reason to cut them lose yet if we plan on non-tendering Yolmer in a week.