Yolmer non-tendered

Princess Dye

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

Right — but like I said, between now and the rule 5 is the time to do it, because with so many teams locked into a full 40 man, you minimize the chances of this. Not a lock, but this is their best shot to push him through. 

There isn’t going to be any “pushing though” with Yolmer. He’s not going to the minors. You only do this Move if you’re done with the guy and there isn’t mutual interest in working something out. 

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Is it possible that the plan was to bring Yolmer back all along? Perhaps sox will announce a 1 or 2 year deal with Yolmer. Or does timing of that just not make sense right now?

It wouldn't have made sense to expose him to the waiver process. Any team could have claimed him and offered him arbitration.

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Obviously not, but waiting for the non tender deadline would have made more sense if they wanted him back at a reduced deal.

I mean, this shows Yolmer that no other team was willing to pay the price either.  Could help in negotiations if there is mutual interest in bringing him back.  But I kind of doubt there is.  

3 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Is it possible that the plan was to bring Yolmer back all along? Perhaps sox will announce a 1 or 2 year deal with Yolmer. Or does timing of that just not make sense right now?

This is what I have anticipated since day one.  He is an excellent bench piece at 4 million.  Once he doesn't find any takers at 6.2 million...very good chance he comes back home imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenSox said:

I hope the Sox move on from Yolmer.  Can't afford more than 1 or 2 no-hit types if they really think they can contend.  

that's where I'm at. Love Yolmer...but time to move on. If we didn't have Leury...sure.

21 hours ago, GreenSox said:

I hope the Sox move on from Yolmer.  Can't afford more than 1 or 2 no-hit types if they really think they can contend.  

You can if they're backups.  

I prefer positional flexibility from my bench than offensive output.  A bench of Yolmer, Leury, McCann, and Collins is arguably the best bench in the league

Edited by ChiSox1917

3 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

You can if they're backups.  

I prefer positional flexibility from my bench than offensive output.  A bench of Yolmer, Leury, McCann, and Collins is arguably the best bench in the league

No it isn't - not even close.  And Engel is the best one of the 3 no-hit guys anyway.