Burr DFA'd

Sockin

Just my pet peeve, but the abbreviation should be just DFA. DFA'd means designated for assignmented. It's completely redundant and unnecessary. The past tense is built into the acronym by context. 

Thank you, I'll leave now. 

Ja Vol. (meaning I'm a grammar nazi for those that don't get the reference) 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Just my pet peeve, but the abbreviation should be just DFA. DFA'd meas designated for assignmented. It's completely redundant and unnecessary. The past tense is built into the acronym by context. 

Thank you, I'll leave now. 

Ja Vol. 

🙄

17 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I knew that would be some people's responses, but seeing people post "DFA'd" is like fingernails on a blackboard to me. 

Jack, do you also dislike RBI's?  e.g. Abreu had over 100 RBI's in 2019.  Runs Batter Ins.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s really bizarre.

I mean - why DFA a guy without a corresponding move, and then also not announce it?  Screams to me like they've just informed Burr they're going to DFA him, that info got out, and the actual transaction in which the Burr DFA is the corresponding move has not actually occurred yet.  Don't really see any other scenario that makes sense.