Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, why would this be a perceived good time to slip him through? Why would this be any different than say 2 weeks ago when he was added to the 40 man?

I've got 2 guesses. Adding someone in the rule 5 draft and using many teams having full rosters as a way to move the guy through.

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I've got 2 guesses. Adding someone in the rule 5 draft and using many teams having full rosters as a way to move the guy through.

Rosters are really at no different a place than they were two weeks back. 

Also, can an injured player even be drafted in Rule 5?

I'm 99% sure that Burr couldnt even be drafted in Rule 5 if he was out all of next year. He wouldn't have the active days required to remain with that team.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Sox didn't decided to release Burr today. I feel like if it were truly nothing they would go public with it right away. Just my 2 cents.

The org most definitely would've put something out on twitter, especially about yolmer given his tenure with the club

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm 99% sure that Burr couldnt even be drafted in Rule 5 if he was out all of next year. He wouldn't have the active days required to remain with that team.

Sox had to protect Burdi. You actually get some sort of allowance with an injured guy. As bad as the rule 5 pool has become, rehabbing an injury is probably your best bet.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Listen, in terms of the all the talks on the "Insiders" or whatever........who cares? It's a White Sox message board. I hear some things from time to time, and share them when I can, or when I think it's appropriate. The mods can tell you there have been a number of things I've shared that haven't been for total public consumption because I didn't have it firm, or for a number of other reasons. The point is I try and share stuff when I have it. No one here should care about credit being received or public standing. Unless you're trying to do this for a career, it just doesn't matter. 

You are Tony Bernazard.  Confirmed.  

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Outside of all the dumb ass speculating, I do find it odd that there hasn't been a Yazmani Grandal intro press conference yet.  Not many "record breaking" signings in this team's history to not have one.  

Maybe waiting for a second big fish to land. 

301900_509609482444_1586917409_n.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I specifically meant the White Sox opening roster spots before the rule 5 draft happens so that they'd have a chance to use their pick. 

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Outside of all the dumb ass speculating, I do find it odd that there hasn't been a Yazmani Grandal intro press conference yet.  Not many "record breaking" signings in this team's history to not have one.  

Great point

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

38 after Yolmer

Frare, Hamilton, Medieros, Viera, Zavala...who cares if they lose them trying to outright

2nd tuier

Covey, Fulmer, Ruiz...probably all suck so bad, but could probably get a guy who walks 12 per 9 in A ball for them, but again, who cares? Maybe a little more than the first group.

3rd tier

Foster, Flores............probably will not be much but should be safe. 

I think Frare and definitely Hamilton are quite a bit more safe than you suggest.

Vieira, Medeiros, Zavala, Covey, Fulmer are probably the least safe.  

2 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

so everybody.... while we wait it out...

what are you doing today while you're F5'ing this thread?

ME? I'm on my other monitor, writing javascript to make a form autoscroll when URL parameters are present.

on break, MLB The Show and Fortnite while I work on some applications for graduate school 0_o

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I doubt it. Think Marketing 101.  An organization looking for all the media spotlight they can get would not combine 2 events in one.  Lawyers are probably still crossing t's and dotting i's. 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer