Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

25 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

so everybody.... while we wait it out...

what are you doing today while you're F5'ing this thread?

ME? I'm on my other monitor, writing javascript to make a form autoscroll when URL parameters are present.

Ran some errands after court, now enjoying Modelo's and food at Home Run Inn.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

This is where I'm at. I've been condition to only expect the unexpected, and assume I'll be let down otherwise. 

Yeah, only way I see this as possible right now is:

Sox felt close yesterday.

Got it done this afternoon, released Burr in a corresponding move, and they'll announce tomorrow same as Grandal. If they don't announce tomorrow, than this is just a bunch of nonsense because they're not keeping anything under wrap for 3 days and they're not making roster moves because of something they might do.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Is this guy the new k0na lol?

All jokes aside, reading through his replies, he seems legit. Called the Burr DFA and is extremely confident about Wheeler. Claiming that he is in Chicago and even saying that the contract is about 5/95

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Burr would have to spend 90 days on an MLB active roster for the Rule 5 team to keep him. 

I dont see that being possible so I dont think this has anything to do with the Rule 5.

You are missing how this would work.

For a team to claim him on waivers they would need a roster spot.

Because teams are protecting their players from the Rule 5 draft, many teams have full to nearly full rosters. That means, for a team to claim him - teams would have to drop people they just protected for the rule 5. 

Having most teams with full rosters to protect people, or with 1 spot open that they can use in the rule 5, could limit teams' willingness to claim this player right now.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer