Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

1 hour ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

so everybody.... while we wait it out...

what are you doing today while you're F5'ing this thread?

ME? I'm on my other monitor, writing javascript to make a form autoscroll when URL parameters are present.

My wife & kids are gone for the night and I’m heading to the bar for the night until this thing pops.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

For shits and giggles, let’s say these guys are right and the Sox do sign him for 5/105. Would y’all be happy with that in terms of length/money? I feel like that might be a bit of an overpay but I could live with it.

I would call that reasonable for that player. I still think the top 2 are likely to be better uses of money, but if we're ruling out those 2 then that's about where it should be.

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

For shits and giggles, let’s say these guys are right and the Sox do sign him for 5/105. Would y’all be happy with that in terms of length/money? I feel like that might be a bit of an overpay but I could live with it.

that better then  lester contract

28 minutes ago, Orlando said:

lol at Classic White Sox 

Au contraire. If the Sox are finally showing a willingness to spend big, even if it's a little "senseless," I'll gladly accept that and rejoice. Better than hoarding the money. JR isn't getting any younger and neither am I. Maybe we'd both like to see a run of winning baseball, before we leave the "yard".

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't interfere with us extending our own. 

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’d be very pleased. The people who would be upset are the same people who would complain if we let the Twins outbid us. “We should have just paid him what he wanted...why are we being cheap?!?!”

Can’t make those people happy. 

11 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Purely as a fan? I don't care what they pay him. Its not my money. 

Also as a fan... he's a whole lot better than the garbage the Sox have backfilled the rotation with for the past 5 years.

The only concern is the impact it has to guys going into arb/FA like Moncada, Gio, etc in 3 or 4 years from now.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

FA is all about overpayment which is a given. 

59 minutes ago, kwill said:

Can anybody clarify. Are we at 38 or 39 on the 40 Man Roster. It should be 38 with Burr and Yolmer gone, correct? If so, Why open up two spots for 1 signing? 

Burr and Yolmer are both still on the Sox 40man roster page, not sure how often this thing gets updated though.

http://m.mlb.com/cws/roster/40-man/

16 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

It would be fantastic IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

The only concern is the impact it has to guys going into arb/FA like Moncada, Gio, etc in 3 or 4 years from now.

IMO - you can never keep all of them (see Houston) but the best way to be able to afford some of them is the revenue associated with putting a winner on the field. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Burr and Yolmer are both still on the Sox 40man roster page, not sure how often this thing gets updated though.

http://m.mlb.com/cws/roster/40-man/

The team hasn't gone official on either but the players have been told of their fate. It's just a technicality. The 40 man on MLB.com/WhiteSox.com will reflect that when the Sox go official.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

The team hasn't gone official on either but the players have been told of their fate. It's just a technicality. The 40 man on MLB.com/WhiteSox.com will reflect that when the Sox go official.

BB, I’m hearing the deal is “close” but “complicated”. You hearing something similar?

• Like 2

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer