Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

BB, I’m hearing the deal is “close” but “complicated”. You hearing something similar?

Sox want Wheeler. Sox are actively pursuing Wheeler. I don't know that it's "close" or anything like that. 

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 1

As far as Wheeler goes....

Manny Machado + Bryce Harper were both awesome gets. I would have been ecstatic for them.

Wheeler is not an 'awesome' buy. He is more of a mediocre buy. He's a high risk, but something we really need and all the other options on the market are either unobtainable (stras+cole) or really poor (keuchel + Bumgarner + hamels).

So I wouldn't b e thrilled with a 5/100, but I also wouldn't be unhappy. 

2 hours ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Guy who had burr DFA hours before we've known:

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I was tipped off this morning that Ricky came in to Chicago today. I didn't bother posting because I didn't know if it was just some prior engagement. If Wheeler really is in Chicago today (haven't confirmed), then there is a lot of smoke. 

6 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

As far as Wheeler goes....

Manny Machado + Bryce Harper were both awesome gets. I would have been ecstatic for them.

Wheeler is not an 'awesome' buy. He is more of a mediocre buy. He's a high risk, but something we really need and all the other options on the market are either unobtainable (stras+cole) or really poor (keuchel + Bumgarner + hamels).

So I wouldn't b e thrilled with a 5/100, but I also wouldn't be unhappy. 

He's definitely got some upside and at a much cheaper price than Strasburg or Cole. I'm in on Cole but more weary of Strasburg as far as long term goes, but Boras will get him a deal much better than Wheelers. If I'm right, he is the correct target for the Sox unless they want to go toe to toe with the Yankees. (Which they should, thatd be super badass)

41 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I was tipped off this morning that Ricky came in to Chicago today. I didn't bother posting because I didn't know if it was just some prior engagement. If Wheeler really is in Chicago today (haven't confirmed), then there is a lot of smoke. 

According to Fegan’s twitter, he had a charity event at Mercy House

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer