Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

the guy that called the Burr DFA and claimed Wheeler was signed to the Sox is officially not legit

Why does him saying he hasn't heard anything about Bundy, Grandal, or Abreu mean he didn't get anything about Wheeler?

Or am I mixing these two guys up? I know the 2nd guy is the one who said that Wheeler was in Chicago yesterday.

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Honestly curious - do you think people think this type of stuff (posting in every thread at once) and the poop bit are funny? 

Chalk it up to boredom and an inside joke that’s lasted for almost 15 years now.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Which is exactly what most of us were expecting.  Definitely not out of our price range.

It does, however, remain a very steep price to pay for a good not great SP.  Wheeler is a legit risk.  A risk the Sox pretty much have to take if they're serious, but you're getting awfully close to that range where you may as well just pay up a bit more for Strasburg.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s amazing how little it takes for you to fold like a house of cards.

Oh shut up. I want them to land someone. I am very skeptical that they'll spend over $100M for any player until they do it multiple times. Even if they do it once that isn't enough for me. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer