Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

So today we've had Rosenthal report that Wheeler has received a $100 mil offer, Heyman report that Wheeler was the Sox top pitching target, and Nightengale report that the Sox are going hard after Wheeler.  Not too hard to put these pieces together.

This can only mean one thing: We are getting absolutely zero movement until late January.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

When do we start saying this thing will be wrapped up in the next few days for three months?

Or how about:

“this just seems like a last ditch effort to get the Sox to up their offer. This is ending soon”

at any hint or tweet that another team might be interested 

I normally try to avoid this comparison, buuuuuuuuuuuuut should they land Wheeler it's almost uncanny how much the Sox off season is shaping up like the 14-15 cubs. A less sexy Jon Lester, a much more sexy Miggy Montero and someone is going to be a Dexter Fowler. 

Just now, mqr said:

I normally try to avoid this comparison, buuuuuuuuuuuuut should they land Wheeler it's almost uncanny how much the Sox off season is shaping up like the 14-15 cubs. A less sexy Jon Lester, a much more sexy Miggy Montero and someone is going to be a Dexter Fowler. 

We won't have any money left after Wheeler, so Lewis Brinson.

24 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

This can only mean one thing: We are getting absolutely zero movement until late January.

Lol.

Honestly tho, this will probably wrap up by next week at the latest. I remember last year, but this year's market seems quite different.

1 minute ago, daggins said:

Lol.

Honestly tho, this will probably wrap up by next week at the latest. I remember last year, but this year's market seems quite different.

My only expectation is I will be blindsided by it wherever he ends up

Edited by mqr

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer