Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Here’s my take.  The Sox are sitting around 5/$110M.  That’s currently the highest offer.  Wheeler’s camp is making one last Hail Mary to see if anyone will do something crazy and go six.  If not, he’s a member of the White Sox in the next 24 hours.

1 hour ago, mqr said:

When do we start saying this thing will be wrapped up in the next few days for three months?

1 hour

• Haha 2

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Yep and it's not just for getting that year back. We don't want a Strasburg situation where you can't use him in the stretch run or playoffs, if you make it. 

Right.  Kopech isn't throwing 200 innings next year.  I'd much rather have him pitching for the Sox in August and September than April and May.  

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Here’s my take.  The Sox are sitting around 5/$110M.  That’s currently the highest offer.  Wheeler’s camp is making one last Hail Mary to see if anyone will do something crazy and go six.  If not, he’s a member of the White Sox in the next 24 hours.

If someone else gives him a sixth year and the Sox bow out they are gonna need to get Ryu or someone good signed pronto to quell the eruption of anger that is bound to occur.

Oh wait I forgot they have never cared about what the fans think, never mind. Maybe they'll just sign Keuchel AND Hamels to 2 year inflated deals and declare the pitching issue "addressed" as if we are stupid or something.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer