Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

Just now, South Sider said:

Gotta agree with this. If Sox balked at a bump above that price, then they really suck. Hot take or not, this was the guy they zoned in on. 

Yeah, say what you want about what he's really worth the Sox allowed the sentiment to be that they were in hot and heavy pursuit. Rule of thumb, if there's smoke there will never ever be fire for the White Sox.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

My guess is that the Sox offered a similar deal and Wheeler wanted to stay on the East Coast. Not much they can do when location is a consideration, and you're undesirable. 

You could offer more money. 

It's embarrassing Jack.

It didn't get to 6 years. It's not at 120 million it doesn't look like. Sox swing and whiff in embarrassing fashion again.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's embarrassing Jack.

It didn't get to 6 years. It's not at 120 million it doesn't look like. Sox swing and whiff in embarrassing fashion again.

My guess is it's 5/110 and in order to pull it off, they would have had to go 6/130. I can't blame them for that. I really can't. 

Looking like 5/115

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's embarrassing Jack.

I would guess they didn't want to go 5 years. Wasn't there a reports that said the Sox wanted to do shorter term deals?

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer