Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

13 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I'd take Dallas Keuchel for 11 and Gio Gonzalez for 8..... Follow that in the rotation of Giolito and Cease....Lopez could be the #5 but I would trade him but first we would need another #5.

Are you ever going to get sick of dumpster diving and hoping

• Love 1

Just now, Orlando said:

Well, I think we can at least make a pact to take reports of other teams interested in our targets seriously. So tired of the " this is just to run up the sox price, any day now" Stuff

Yes, that's just fanbases though in general; the world doesn't revolve around pushing the Sox offer up higher.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

We couldn't sign this dude for 5 years and 110? Unbelievable. 

Yeah, waiting to see the details here, but it's much more embarrassing than Machado IMO. It's not as rage inducing but it's more embarrassing. 

Just now, mqr said:

Really don’t think it’s the end of the world. 

Not the end of the world but a very reachable spot for the Sox.Player Evals or not, with them taking themselves out of the Cole/Stras running they continue to half ass FA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Are you ever going to get sick of dumpster diving and hoping

When you ask the question "what now"? That's about all that is left.

Out on Cole.

Out on Strasburg.

Probably out on Ryu.

Probably out on Bumgarner.

And Hahn still has to fulfill his 2 SP shopping list. Looks like we'll be dumpster diving and trading away assets now. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox seemed to ceiling themselves at 5 years 110 million.

Stone looks like such a dope as always too; says it's not about the AAV it's about the years. Well Stoney, he signed for 5 years and it was about the AAV. Nice call though big guy.

I’m sick of him being the mouthpiece. As soon as he started making excuses last night for why they might not get him, I knew Wheeler was going elsewhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Really don’t think it’s the end of the world. 

No, I think they could still have a great off-season, I just worry that if this was really "their main target and guy" that a 10 million dollar difference over 5 years is what cost him that it's really detrimental to the future of this team. 

It's the fact that it was such a small amount of money that cost them that makes it much worse.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer