Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’m starting to get really nervous. I feel like if it was going to happen, it would’ve happened already.

You need to have a drink or something to calm those nerves my friend.  There’s no reason to worry just yet.  They cleared those roster spots for a reason.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

You need to have a drink or something to calm those nerves my friend.  There’s no reason to worry just yet.  They cleared those roster spots for a reason.

I’m not that nervous because we’re talking about Wheeler, and not Cole/Strasburg/Harper/Machado

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m not that nervous because we’re talking about Wheeler, and not Cole/Strasburg/Harper/Machado

While that’s true, I just think there is such a major fall-off after Wheeler.  Ryu would be an interesting fall-back but for whatever reason I don’t see him being realistic.  And while I like Bumgarner, his ceiling is much lower either of the two above mentioned guys and his fly ball rate scares me in our park.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

While that’s true, I just think there is such a major fall-off after Wheeler.  Ryu would be an interesting fall-back but for whatever reason I don’t see him being realistic.  And while I like Bumgarner, his ceiling is much lower either of the two above mentioned guys and his fly ball rate scares me in our park.

Yep - losing the consolation prize means there is no prize.

2 minutes ago, Pal said:

Merkin retweeting news about Orioles trading Dylan Bundy. Seems suspect, don't normally see him retweeting info about other teams/players. Gross if this is what the 40 man spot clearing has been about.

Feinsand is an mlb writer, I'm 100% confident it's just promoting colleagues work.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dlsoxfan said:

Just saw on Twitter that Morosi said white sox are a dark horse for Strasburg

2 minutes ago, Dlsoxfan said:

yeah those are in the Strasburg thread. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/108629-strasburg-officially-opts-out/&page=2

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer