Soxnfins

Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Just now, Soxnfins said:

There's something brewing... Yolmer might have been a solid, but DFA'ing Burr regardless of his TJS means something is up.

They are going to need spots anyway. Like eminor wrote, now is a good time for an outright as teams aren't really looking for junk and have their 40s set. 

2 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

There's something brewing... Yolmer might have been a solid, but DFA'ing Burr regardless of his TJS means something is up.

Yup, this leads me to believe that I should have sided with ChiSox and Chicago White Sox over Dick! Looks like I'm on the wrong side of this debate; damn you Dick!

• Like 2

Don't they now have 2 spots open?  Are they just making room prior to the winter meetings should something open up or other teams try and do the same thing the Sox are doing with their versions of Palka and what not. 

Well I hate gossip, but my barber told me that Peggy Kasinski's son's ex girlfriend was in line at a lemonade stand at the airport and overheard that something is definitely up.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Don't they now have 2 spots open?  Are they just making room prior to the winter meetings should something open up or other teams try and do the same thing the Sox are doing with their versions of Palka and what not. 

They will when Yolmer clears.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Wait....why is it at 39?

I thought it was 38 with Burr and Yolmer gone?

Yolmer is technically on it for another 24 hours or so

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Wait....why is it at 39?

#Metoo

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Wait....why is it at 39?

Yolmer hasn't cleared yet. 

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

P Noles is a wet blanket dork. 

I seriously want to kick him in the shin if I ever meet him.  Just an insufferable dbag on twitter.  

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nolansplaining.  Part of the reason I no longer bother with Sox Machine.

Yeah, why would this be a perceived good time to slip him through? Why would this be any different than say 2 weeks ago when he was added to the 40 man?

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I seriously want to kick him in the shin if I ever meet him.  Just an insufferable dbag on twitter.  

We never got an update on Yoans second half numbers on soxmachine after they posted the last misleading shitty stat line... I wonder why.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, why would this be a perceived good time to slip him through? Why would this be any different than say 2 weeks ago when he was added to the 40 man?

@ChiSox59 he's a Domer!  Explains a lot imo.

38 after Yolmer

Frare, Hamilton, Medieros, Viera, Zavala...who cares if they lose them trying to outright

2nd tuier

Covey, Fulmer, Ruiz...probably all suck so bad, but could probably get a guy who walks 12 per 9 in A ball for them, but again, who cares? Maybe a little more than the first group.

3rd tier

Foster, Flores............probably will not be much but should be safe. 

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

As others have said, no reason to DFA him unless something is waiting to be announced (along with the DFA).

Honestly, since he's recovering from TJS, may be a decent chance he clears and we get to retain him. He's got a decent arm, so wouldn't hate keep him in the org.  

Good call.  I think he will return.