Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I just think by your comments on how upset you will be if we lose out on Wheeler you're going to blame the Abreu contract and being inflexible on Bumgarner and Ryu is just setting yourself for a huge disappointment if the Sox don't convert on Wheeler. This just doesn't apply to you. I suspect a lot of people here are going to consider the off season a failure if we don't get Wheeler no matter what happens the rest of the off season unless we somehow switch to Cole or Strasburg as targets when the next loical targets will be Bumgarner and Ryu.

That's accurate. 

6 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I wonder how pitchers feel about the Astros now that their cheating has been made public. I could see a pitcher wanting nothing to do with them.

I think it is time for the league to contract the lying, cheating Astros...who do you think would fall to the White Sox  with the 11th pick in that contraction draft?

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No idea why anyone listens to a word Heyman says; the guy is a mouthpiece for agents league wide. This has been well known for quite some time now.

You know why. This is all we have right now

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No idea why anyone listens to a word Heyman says; the guy is a mouthpiece for agents league wide. This has been well known for quite some time now.

That's weird. An hour ago you used his tweets as a source to try to prove yourself correct, as proof that the Phillies are in on "everyone" again. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I just think by your comments on how upset you will be if we lose out on Wheeler you're going to blame the Abreu contract and being inflexible on Bumgarner and Ryu is just setting yourself for a huge disappointment if the Sox don't convert on Wheeler. This just doesn't apply to you. I suspect a lot of people here are going to consider the off season a failure if we don't get Wheeler no matter what happens the rest of the off season unless we somehow switch to Cole or Strasburg as targets when the next logical targets will be Bumgarner and Ryu.

Yes, if they fail to address the rotation in a major way, despite several options being available for just money, which is the asset they’ve been working so hard to save to use, and directly promised they would, yes. Major disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

That's weird. An hour ago you used his tweets as a source to try to prove yourself correct, as proof that the Phillies are in on "everyone" again. 

I read his post quoting Heymen as tongue in cheek "seriously, no one knows whats going on"

Even if they don't get Wheeler it's premature to say the off-season or even how they addressed SP was a failure until we see: a) what Wheeler signed for, b) what signings or trades we did at SP and for the roster in general and the relative costs involved there as well. 

However, it is absolutely fair game to question if Abreu's contract prevented them from having the needed flexibility to close the deal on Wheeler. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

My entire point that you have been incapable of grasping is that none of this twitter shit means anything. You're a bit too dense to figure that out though, so in the future I'll spell these things out to you as to not offend you.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Even if they don't get Wheeler it's premature to say the off-season or even how they addressed SP was a failure until we see: a) what Wheeler signed for, b) what signings or trades we did at SP and for the roster in general and the relative costs involved there as well. 

However, it is absolutely fair game to question if Abreu's contract prevented them from having the needed flexibility to close the deal on Wheeler. 

The Abreu deal will not be the reason they don't sign Wheeler in any way. If they don't sign wheeler it will be because they determined his value wasn't worth either the years or the money. RH and KW have always operated with their value of the player unless they are up against the budget limit (they aren't here) or if JR won't approve the money (Machado).

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer