Dylan Bundy on the Move

bmags

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Why would we get Bundy?  He's a 5th starter and RH. We already have one of those.  Unless he's going to be a swingman.

I think sox were definitely going to add 2 sp this offseason due to the innings limits on kopech and wanting to avoid a situation like this year where they straight up ran out of pitchers. 

I still don't think this is sox (could be brewers) but getting a cheap with upside pitcher and 2 years control is possible.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think sox were definitely going to add 2 sp this offseason due to the innings limits on kopech and wanting to avoid a situation like this year where they straight up ran out of pitchers. 

I still don't think this is sox (could be brewers) but getting a cheap with upside pitcher and 2 years control is possible.

But why trade? He has 2 years left I think too.  There are plenty of guys out there for 1 year deals.

For sake of example, say the Sox trade for Bundy and Sign Wheeler.

April/May roto

1) Giolito 2) Wheeler 3) Bundy 4) Cease 5) Lopez

June roto

1) Giolito 2) Wheeler 3) Kopech 4) Cease 5) Bundy/Lopez  ---> One of Bundy/Lopez goes to bullpen or serves as replacement for injury

July/August roto

1) Giolito 2) Wheeler 3) Kopech 4) Rodon 5) Cease  --> Dunning/Stiever could play a part in case of injury. Lopez/Bundy go to pen. One can be multi inning, one could be attempted late inning relief convert.

September roto

1) Giolito 2) Wheeler 3) Rodon 4&5) Some combination of Lopez/Bundy/Dunning/Stiever/Lambert/Cease/Kopech

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I don't, but he's a low end starter so he doesn't make much sense for us unless the Sox wanted to break up an all righty staff.  He would still be a bad option either way.

Hes got high end stuff though. 

AL East pitching for a god awful organization vs top level competition cant be difficult. Bundy still could have untapped potential. 

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I don't, but he's a low end starter so he doesn't make much sense for us unless the Sox wanted to break up an all righty staff.  He would still be a bad option either way.

As Nova’s replacement?  I mean, as long as the price is reasonable and we still add Wheeler I don’t see why it would be that bad.