Dylan Bundy on the Move

bmags

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hes got high end stuff though. 

AL East pitching for a god awful organization vs top level competition cant be difficult. Bundy still could have untapped potential. 

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

As Nova’s replacement?  I mean, as long as the price is reasonable and we still add Wheeler I don’t see why it would be that bad.

I'm assuming we actually aren't involved.  But if he was dirt cheap fine since someone is going to have to eat those innings for Kopech. My point is there is 0 reason to trade for him otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I'm assuming we actually aren't involved.  But if he was dirt cheap fine since someone is going to have to eat those innings for Kopech. My point is there is 0 reason to trade for him otherwise.

This is where I stand.. I wouldn't like a Sheets for Bundy deal.. I would expect dirt cheap OR just sign someone

16 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

I'd trade Bundy for Rutherford straight up, but I don't think they need to do that.

I'd go after both Bundy and Mancini though.  That would be electric.

Yes, but sox would have to give up alot for 2 yrs of bundy and 3 yrs of mancini. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What role does Sheets have going forward?

With Abreu moving to DH in 2021 with Vaughn at first, he gone.  This is a trade KW would typically make 98/100 times.

He has no role with us... But I think he has more value than Bundy AND he can still grow and become a better trade chip in a year.

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Mancini would complete the positional side of things once Robert and Madrigal are up. That would be amazing, doubt it happens though. What would even be a fair offer for Mancini? Dunning, Collins, Rutherford gets it done? 

ew. I would hope a future DH wouldnt net that.

Edited by cjgalloway

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I believe that Bundy is the ideal of what they're looking for -- a guy to start for two months while they claw back a year of Kopech's service time with some weak excuse, then move to the bullpen when Kopech magically checks the final box.

Getting that extra year is absolutely the right strategy.  Have him spend two months in AAA slowly building up innings and getting that rust off and let him be an x-factor in the second half.

7 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

For just Bundy? Or Bundy and Mancini?

Both. 

If they trade for Bundy, that would mean a couple of things:

1a. Their top SP target is either Bumgarner or Keuchel.

OR

1b. They hate the SP market completely and would rather trade for upgrades there. 

2. Lopez, Dunning or both are on the block

How would everyone feel if the upgrades this winter were: 

SP-Bundy, Keuchel 

RF-Mancini 

C- Grandal 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I can't imagine that the O's would give up Mancini, with 3 years of control, for just Rutherford, Sheets and Flores, let alone throw in Bundy. If they would do that deal, I'm pretty sure that Hahn would take it, in a heart beat. I don't care if Mancini bats RH. He hits RH pitching very well. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 2