Dylan Bundy on the Move

bmags

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Both. 

If they trade for Bundy, that would mean a couple of things:

1a. Their top SP target is either Bumgarner or Keuchel.

OR

1b. They hate the SP market completely and would rather trade for upgrades there. 

2. Lopez, Dunning or both are on the block

How would everyone feel if the upgrades this winter were: 

SP-Bundy, Keuchel 

RF-Mancini 

C- Grandal 

If all it takes is Sheets, Rutherford, and Flores to get Bundy and Mancini, I would do that in a heartbeat. I don’t care that much about Bundy, but Mancini would be a fantastic acquisition for RF.

20 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I can't imagine that the O's would give up Mancini, with 3 years of control, for just Rutherford, Sheets and Flores, let alone throw in Bundy. If they would do that deal, I'm pretty sure that Hahn would take it, in a heart beat. I don't care if Mancini bats RH. He hits RH pitching very well. 

Seems like Flores may have a  inkling he's at least being dangled if not involved in a pending trade.

19 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If all it takes is Sheets, Rutherford, and Flores to get Bundy and Mancini, I would do that in a heartbeat. I don’t care that much about Bundy, but Mancini would be a fantastic acquisition for RF.

He's bad defensively.  You can get that out of Castellanos for just money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He's bad defensively.  You can get that out of Castellanos for just money.

If those guys were all it took, we'd be paying Mancini something like $22 million over the next 3 years compared to what, $50 million over 4 years for Castellanos, and getting a 5th starter candidate out of it? So we'd effectively be turning Sheets, Rutherford, and Flores into $20+ million in savings and getting that 5th starter covered for $5 million? 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Both. 

If they trade for Bundy, that would mean a couple of things:

1a. Their top SP target is either Bumgarner or Keuchel.

OR

1b. They hate the SP market completely and would rather trade for upgrades there. 

2. Lopez, Dunning or both are on the block

How would everyone feel if the upgrades this winter were: 

SP-Bundy, Keuchel 

RF-Mancini 

C- Grandal 

no happy. Hate both SP additions

Fairly lukewarm on this if Sox are ainvolved.  If the price is really just Sheets, it'd be whatever to me.  There are definitely worse options than Bundy, but just don't see the point in using trade capital when there are similar arms of the FA market for only slightly more AAV.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Fairly lukewarm on this if Sox are ainvolved.  If the price is really just Sheets, it'd be whatever to me.  There are definitely worse options than Bundy, but just don't see the point in using trade capital when there are similar arms of the FA market for only slightly more AAV.  

Yeah it just wouldn't make sense to me..

9 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He's played 90 games there?

Right I saw that I mean I've heard him referred to as a DH. I meant more towards is he capable. He's certainly a hitter but with Eloy in LF it's pretty tough throwing this guy in the other corner.

10 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Right I saw that I mean I've heard him referred to as a DH. I meant more towards is he capable. He's certainly a hitter but with Eloy in LF it's pretty tough throwing this guy in the other corner.

Would probably be the same in RF as Castellanos. Tho mancini also played dh and 1st

Edited by aeichhor

50 minutes ago, teorey23 said:

Y’all thought I was crazy...

306D6A82-1AE0-4C59-B047-B451B2EF6B80.jpeg

People thought you were crazy for the suggested package going to the O's...

Andrew Vaughn

Blake Rutherford

Carlos Rodon

Luis Basabe 

Konnor Pilkington

No way I'm including Vaughn in a deal for them. And probably not Rodon either because he has a chance to rebuild value and this would be selling him at his lowest, which is dumb.

EDIT: And if you are some sort of insider and heard this package bandied about, the Sox are gonna have quite a few PO'd fans should this deal go through. It does agree with raBBits post about the asking price being too high though. 

Edited by South Sider

9 minutes ago, raBBit said:

3 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Would probably be the same in RF as Castellanos

He looks a tad worse than Castellanos was this year overall but I didn't look by positions.  And defensive advanced metrics I'm not great on.

9 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Andrew Vaughn

Blake Rutherford

Carlos Rodon

Luis Basabe 

Konnor Pilkington

No way I'm including Vaughn in a deal for them. And probably not Rodon either because he has a chance to rebuild value and this would be selling him at his lowest, which is dumb.

EDIT: And if you are some sort of insider and heard this package bandied about, the Sox are gonna have quite a few PO'd fans should this deal go through. It does agree with raBBits post about the asking price being too high though. 

All of that for 2 years of  an average pitcher named Dylan Bundy?  Good lord.   
They could have just signed Kyle Gibson and gotten an equivalent, if not better, pitcher.

Edited by GreenSox

14 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Andrew Vaughn

Blake Rutherford

Carlos Rodon

Luis Basabe 

Konnor Pilkington

What kind of shit is this?

2 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

I'm guessing for trey mancini also coming back with bundy

Still too much, they need someone who can actually play RF,  and they just don't need to do all of these load up the prospects in trades stuff.  Make a trade like the Brewers/Padres made to move prospects/young players around.

Edited by GreenSox