Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera

hogan873

I didn't see a topic started on this already.  If there has been, please feel free to delete/merge.

The Sox have decisions on five players today: Colome, McCann, Leury, Marshall, and Rodon.  Any chance the Sox decide to move on without any of these guys?  The only one I could see being non-tendered is Marshall.  Colome, although making a lot of money, should be a solid as the closer/late inning guy.  McCann and Leury are no-brainers.  Rodon, depending on when he'll be back, should be worth what he'll get,

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Colome is a decision point, but he likely gets tendered.

I don't really think he is a decision point at all.  They knew what his arb price would be in 2020 when they traded for him, and he had about as good of a season as the Sox could have hoped.  Obviously her peripherals were not as good as his ERA in 2019, but he's still a solid contributor and we're in no position to be punting an above average bullpen arm. 

So is the fact(?) that Burr and Frare were non-tendered and not DFA'd mean that they won't go through the waiver process and are immediate FA?  I highly doubt Frare would go unclaimed, but Burr may due to his injury.

If this moves makes them FA immediately, not sure why Sox wouldn't take chances of them clearing waivers via a DFA.