Mous to the Reds, 4yr Deal

Sleepy Harold

5 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Reds were known to be interested in Grandal.  They just gave a 4/64 deal to a worse player.  Hard to believe they wouldn't have gone 4/73+ for Grandal now that we know this Moustakas contract.

Big credit to Hahn and co. for jumping the market on him.

Teams aren't letting the grass grow under their feet this year.  Their have already been a handful of meaningful signings.

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

You could argue a second year of well above average offense in a row helped Grandal. Moose, idk what that's all about. 

Yeah, but Grandal had a 3 year period with wRC+ of 121, 102, 125. 

A catcher ages even faster too. It's bizarre all around, but I understand the owners plan and goal.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Depends what you think of Senzel and Aquino. If you think their bonafide stars, that's not a bad lineup if they add another piece to it. Suraez and Votto could use a rejuvenated year though.

Senzel is legit.  Aquino.......most likely is not an MLB regular, despite his super fun couple months.    

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Senzel is legit.  Aquino.......most likely is not an MLB regular, despite his super fun couple months.    

He made a swing change in the minor leagues right before the season started. There wasn't much that was flukey about his two months - his MiLB production had soared as well. His power may be very real. He hit 47 homers in 134 games. That's pretty good regardless of level and etc.

I tend to side with you, but I do think he's an MLB regular with that power and I do think the power is real. The question is, can he find consistency. 

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Suarez coming off a 4.5 WAR year with 49 homers needs a rejuvenated year? ha

Man, he must have had a hell of a second half because he wasn't very good in the first half. 

That's a nice season despite the k rate increase. If he duplicates that, you are correct - he doesn't need to get any better. Had no idea he had that big of a second half.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mqr said:

Is it me or is that lineup still pretty gross?

If Senzel comes near his ceiling and and Aquino is 80% of what he was last season, that's a good enough lineup. On the pitching side, they have 4 really good SPs, and Alex Wood would most likely resign as the 5th starter also.

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

If Senzel comes near his ceiling and and Aquino is 80% of what he was last season, that's a good enough lineup. On the pitching side, they have 4 really good SPs, and Alex Wood would most likely resign as the 5th starter also.

Well they need to convert galvis into an actual starter, you have to try and remove any sub .300 obp guys from a potential playoff lineup.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well they need to convert galvis into an actual starter, you have to try and remove any sub .300 obp guys from a potential playoff lineup.

He has been a starter the past 4 years, as crazy as that sounds. He's below average player for sure, but as it stands right now he's their 8th hitter, and you could do worse than having a 1.4 WAR player at that spot. If they land Didi, he's a great fit as a backup IF for them.

I think the bigger question mark is Votto, because boy did father time hit him hard last year, and he's due for another 4/$100M

Brewers really hit the upper bounds on their payroll...and that's going for it with a "rag tag, band-aid" collection of starters.

Yelich injury killed them.

Even with really strong attendance since the new stadium, they can't compete with the large market teams for an extended period of time before a retooling period. 

They also have Braun and Cain...Lorenzo's seemingly in a rapid decline.

38 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

How do you know what the brewers are going to do the rest of the off season, and why does the division suck?

I don't know what they are going to do, but they were a WC team last year and are losing a dozen + players if not more and cry about payroll and have no farm.

I believe they are around 60 million now after this batch of non-tenders and played at 130 ML last year.  They are going to have to hit on a bunch of guys that were non-tendered or buy low on several players.  They need C, 1B, all of the pitching, 3B, and several depth pieces.  And that division sucks, idk what else you want me to say about it.  It's not good.