Sign in to follow this  
YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

Cole Hamels to the Braves, 1 year $18 Million.

Per our own Dick Allen:

Kaplan just said Cole Hamels is talking to the White Sox.

not only that, Hamels is going to be a guest on the White Sox podcast tomorrow.

Hamels was a very good pitcher but is kind of scary now.  Led the MAJORS in hard hit balls % at 41.2.  If he is coupled with Cole I'll hope Coop can fix him.  Not all that excited with the Wheeler/Hamels combo.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Hamels was a very good pitcher but is kind of scary now.  Led the MAJORS in hard hit balls % at 41.2.  If he is coupled with Cole I'll hope Coop can fix him.  Not all that excited with the Wheeler/Hamels combo.

Yep. I think people should look more at his last two seasons in Texas than what he did with the Cubs. His FIP and xFIP point to signs of him being a lot worse than he's shown.

5 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The podcast thing, I've never seen a more obvious agent set-up to draw interest from someone else (The Cubs).

It’s flat out bizarre 

13 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Gross. I want no part of Hamels anywhere on this roster. 

And I am the complete opposite, I would take him on my team in a second, I would be surprised if they got him.

• Thanks 1

Hamels and Keuchel will get way too much money (on a per year basis) to be a White Sox consideration (as a pairing)...and both are closer to "all-in" moves for 2020 than pitchers you'd want to have on your roster for the heart of the contention window from 2021-2023.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Would you rather have Hamels and Keuchel or only Wheeler. I'd take Hamels and Keuchel.

I’ll take Wheeler and give a young arm an opportunity. Hamels is done. Keuchel is on his way to being done. 

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

If we are looking at signing Hamels who is already 35, we should only do a 1 year deal.

This may be the first time I’ve ever thought “wow, I agree” to one of your posts. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

This may be the first time I’ve ever thought “wow, I agree” to one of your posts. 

Lol, wow, I will take it my friend.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol...I was thinking the same exact thing.

Oh lord, I do not want Cole Hamels or Dallas Keuchel, let alone both.  The fact that Garfien is interviewing on the Sox podcast terrifies me.

19 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Why the hell are they interviewing a former Cubs player on the White Sox podcast? Terrible idea. I know the offseason is slow, but this is the best they could do?