Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?

bmags

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How much better is Joc than Kole Calhoun ? You could probably get Calhoun for the same money  or less and not give up a player.

Bout a win + less concern he comes here and forgets how to play baseball. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

How much better is Joc than Kole Calhoun ? You could probably get Calhoun for the same money  or less and not give up a player.

It’s a good question but I’d trust Jocs age 28 season being productive than calhouns age 32 season, especially with some of his wear and tear. And I’m in the minority but I think people need to value next year more than they are.

• Like 1

Joc Pederson has been worth 5.7 fWAR with a 127 wRC+ the last two seasons.  

Calhoun 2.5 fWAR wiht a wRC+ if 95.  

Calhoun is a better defender, but Joc is clearly the much better all around player, and he isn't a bad defender.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Calhoun is a better defender, but Joc is clearly the much better all around player, and he isn't a bad defender.  

Last year Calhoun  was around 118 for wRC wasn’t he?

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, assuming you're not giving up anything overly exciting, its hard not to like the move.  Who would you prefer for RF? 

Meant moving Pilkington for a 1 year rental. Maybe in a year or two it will start to make sense for the Sox to make that type of deal. But right now I still think they should be accumulating assets, not trading them for 1 year pieces.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If you just picked last season or the last 3 they are much closer. The Joc age 28 season probably pushes it over the top but Calhoun has been in the AL. The Sox have certainly has problems bringing in NL hitters . Especially guys who can rack up the ks.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

If you just picked last season or the last 3 they are much closer. The Joc age 28 season probably pushes it over the top but Calhoun has been in the AL. The Sox have certainly has problems bringing in NL hitters .

I don't really consider 8% above average and 27% above average that close, but yah.  

Kole Calhoun would be fine with me, in all honesty.  I'd prefer him to spending a bunch of money on a DH to play RF in Castellanos or Ozuna.  If you're going to sign a FA RF, Calhoun is one a handful that make some degree of sense because he is a plus defender.

But there are a handful of trade targets that fit much better on 1 year deals that should be pretty cheap to acquire. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you just picked last season or the last 3 they are much closer. The Joc age 28 season probably pushes it over the top but Calhoun has been in the AL. The Sox have certainly has problems bringing in NL hitters . Especially guys who can rack up the ks.

You'll never get me to buy the NL players = bad thing. Adam Laroche was a bad move when it happened. Adam Dunn was old. Frazier was actually mostly fine. 

It ain't 1975.

• Like 2