Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?

bmags

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Odds are that the ship has sailed on a Castellanos signing...and a Wheeler deal would put the final fork in it.

You can, of course, argue the merits of Castellanos AND Ryu vs. Wheeler.

If Wheeler signed, Sox payroll is slightly over $100M. They definitely have room for another $13-16M AAV player. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

The Sox’ need for Nick’s services severely decreases with a Joc acquisition, which means the team wouldn’t win any $$$$ bidding war, because they wouldn’t need to.  

Unless you're paying him "only" $50-60 million to be a full-time DH, which pretty much makes no sense with Abreu probably having to move over there in 2021/22 for Vaughn.

Better to just sign EE for one year and reassess Abreu, Collins/Grandal/McCann next offseason.

I really love an Eloy, Robert and Joc outfield for 2020...and depending on the market try and work out a 2 year extension with Joc this spring. See how well he hits and then if Adolfo or Basabe are ready by End of 2020 you can baby step them into the RF role and you have Joc play RF, DH and spell Eloy in LF in 21,22. Power for days in the lineup and having Joc, Abreu and Grandal as your carousel of DH guys for contention years is pretty choice. 

• Like 2

Guys, Collins passes the greg eye test. Those veterans of this board know I have a pretty good track record with my eye tests on players. A lot of you were burying Yoan 2 years ago whether you'll admit it or not. I never worried bout him. And Collins passes my eye test. Trade him at your own risk for Joc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Guys, Collins passes the greg eye test. Those veterans of this board know I have a pretty good track record with my eye tests on players. A lot of you were burying Yoan 2 years ago whether you'll admit it or not. I never worried bout him. And Collins passes my eye test. Trade him at your own risk for Joc.

I agree Greg, we may regret trading Collins if we do

34 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I really love an Eloy, Robert and Joc outfield for 2020...and depending on the market try and work out a 2 year extension with Joc this spring. See how well he hits and then if Adolfo or Basabe are ready by End of 2020 you can baby step them into the RF role and you have Joc play RF, DH and spell Eloy in LF in 21,22. Power for days in the lineup and having Joc, Abreu and Grandal as your carousel of DH guys for contention years is pretty choice. 

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Tell that to Semien and Tatis, Jr. and all those who saw no value in them when those trades went down and were pining for us to resign Samardzija. Same thing will happen if we acquire Joc. What will it take to resign him over and over again until he chooses Free Agency.

Here we go ,right on cue.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Because Joc is a platoon OF that cannot lefties worth jack with one year remaining. 

Joc should be extended if we get him. If he can play CF he is even more valuable (yes I still think Robert needs a full year in the minors)

Edited by Chisox378

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Joc should be extended if we get him. If he can play CF he is even more valuable (yes I still think Robert needs a full year in the minors)

I don’t think joc is signing anything but a longer term extension. Why would he sign like a one year extension? I don’t think that would be very beneficial. 4 year deal with big enough money...that to me is what it would take to drive him to sign any extension. 

27 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Gavin Sheets and Collins are keepers. I think Rutherford can be a good bench fill in starter at some point.  

What impresses you about Sheets?  Everything I've heard, seen and read has led me to nothing but a bucket of meh.

12 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Joc on a 1 year deal is meh if you can’t lock him up for 4 more or so afterwards. Seeing his name in the rumor mill again kinda gives me nightmares to last offseason though....ugh

Good call on the splits. Jocs 36 HR all came vs. RHP. He is a platoon guy and not worth Colome.  There may be better options.

27 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

What impresses you about Sheets?  Everything I've heard, seen and read has led me to nothing but a bucket of meh.

Well I believe he can hit for average, has decent k to bb rate, and has some pop.  .280avg .380obp 25hr 90rbi guy...no?

Also, Sheets has a nice swing, short swing. Looking at Adolfo video he has too much going on with a high leg kick, and his stats don't ring power.

Edited by Chisox378

9 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Good call on the splits. Jocs 36 HR all came vs. RHP. He is a platoon guy and not worth Colome.  There may be better options.

If you put Joc and Castellanos together that would be an awesome player. Castellanos hit LHP at .370 .425 .713  1.138 last year. Joc hit all 36 Homers against RHP & hit .252 .349 .571 .920

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Doubtful the Dodgers would even consider Colome for Pederson straight up.

Half of the point in trading him is wiping out $8-9 million in payroll obligations for a better, more complete player (like a Rendon.)

• Like 2