Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?

bmags

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I like how Pollock and Joc are mentioned in the same tweet.  One guy has value and the other guy has none.  Who wants the remaining 3 years and $42 million dollar contract for the 32 year old outfielder who had elbow surgery last year?

I'd rather have Pollack than Castellanos or Ozuna.

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The 32 to 34 aged years for an injury-prone player?  I’d rather not pay for that decline.

yes he is injured far more.. This may mean we would need a better backup than with the other options.. But when he is playing he is far superior. I'm not even really advocating for it.. I just am not a fan of the other two really. Joc would be my preference

Edited by cjgalloway

14 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

4-5 years ago? Absolutely. He's been injury prone ever since (usually it takes a while to have that label but when you are years in with injuries now... it's justified).

1 hour ago, cjgalloway said:

With how injury prone he has been I'd pass on Pollack. 

Either Castellanos/Ozuna would be major offensive upgrades for the club that we could not complain about. I'm ok with any MLB starting caliber RF after the horror show the past few years have been out there. 

7 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Either Castellanos/Ozuna would be major offensive upgrades for the club that we could not complain about. I'm ok with any MLB starting caliber RF after the horror show the past few years have been out there. 

I think sox fans should focus less on a RFer being an upgrade from what they had (historically inept) and focus more on how they could use their resources to make RF an area better than anyone in their division.

• Like 3

Just now, bmags said:

I think sox fans should focus less on a RFer being an upgrade from what they had (historically inept) and focus more on how they could use their resources to make RF an area better than anyone in their division.

Of course, hence why I'm not diving all over Ozuna/Castellanos at current exorbitant asking prices

31 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is a good post.  

43 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

If you could make Pollock substantially cheaper than those other options I might be willing to gamble on the injury history. He could cover CF part time, make RF defense excellent when he's in there, but yeah we'd have to think about who could be a LH hitting platoon partner for him so that he can have some extra time off at least and we don't currently have that.

If the org still has confidence in Rutherford and Adolfo and company, then maybe you get AJP on the cheap from the Dodgers and you try to push one of those guys along quickly if and when he gets hurt, and you use Pollock to limit their early exposure to favorable matchups when possible.

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

I wouldn't rule out a Joc trade at some point this offseason but it's on the back burner at this point.

Fair enough with regard to Joc specifically, but how on the backburner can solving RF be?  They need 2 SP, and a RF.  The rest of the roster is mostly in place.  Hard to imagine there being much more pressing needs that solving RF.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Fair enough with regard to Joc specifically, but how on the backburner can solving RF be?  They need 2 SP, and a RF.  The rest of the roster is mostly in place.  Hard to imagine there being much more pressing needs that solving RF.  

I didn't say filling the RF hole is on the backburner. Just the Joc trade talks. 

13 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I didn't say filling the RF hole is on the backburner. Just the Joc trade talks. 

Three questions for you, raBBit:

1. Do you think we sign Ozuna?

2. What percentage chance would you put on the Sox making a trade this week?

3. Do you think Cease could get moved in the right deal?

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Three questions for you, raBBit:

1. Do you think we sign Ozuna?

2. What percentage chance would you put on the Sox making a trade this week?

3. Do you think Cease could get moved in the right deal?

It doesn't matter what raBBit thinks they do lol this question is always hilarious to me since it's not like he's directly involved.

Edit: he thought they would sign Wheeler and even told people that it doesn't mean they will.

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

It doesn't matter what raBBit thinks they do lol this question is always hilarious to me since it's not like he's directly involved.

Edit: he thought they would sign Wheeler and even told people that doesn't mean they will.

Of course he doesn't know for sure.  I respect his opinion and like talking baseball with him. I'm not looking for an official announcement of a deal.

On 12/6/2019 at 7:14 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Reading all the hating on McCann reminds me so much of all the hate on Quintana early with the Sox. I must've heard the phrase " smoke  and mirrors" more in that time frame than I will hear it for the rest of my days.? Ok

You have to recognize stealth talent which every team needs. Both are quality players.