Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?

bmags

49 minutes ago, poppysox said:

You don't get better by trading your best relief pitcher for a one year rental.  Fulmer straight up is about right.

Realistically, it's probably somewhere in between, no?  Crazy to trade your closer for a rental if you plan to contend, but Joc is more valuable than a guy that everything outside of spin rate says is a bust.  I think it will take maybe one second-tier prospect (obviously below Luis, Madrigal, Vaughn, but just below) and one super young "lottery ticket" type prospect.  I know the second part will give everybody Tatis-induced PTSD, but the likelihood of that happening again is very slim.

2 minutes ago, sullythered said:

Realistically, it's probably somewhere in between, no?  Crazy to trade your closer for a rental if you plan to contend, but Joc is more valuable than a guy that everything outside of spin rate says is a bust.  I think it will take maybe one second-tier prospect (obviously below Luis, Madrigal, Vaughn, but just below) and one super young "lottery ticket" type prospect.  I know the second part will give everybody Tatis-induced PTSD, but the likelihood of that happening again is very slim.

Even better, Adolfo and James Beard for Joc!

11 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

Isn't it wild having a guy like Joc last here would have pushed us near .500.... His +3 WAR would have replaced our what -6 from whatever the hell we were throwing out there...

He's my favorite realistic RF addition this offseason.. Unless Conforto because obtainable.

No it wouldn't have. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Not nearly, you're combining the DH position and RF and even with that I find -4.5 on fangraphs. 

So a 7.5 win change... SOOO 80ish wins?  I stand corrected on my number (off 1.5) but I would be right on the overall outcome of right around .500. 

Just now, cjgalloway said:

So a 7.5 win change... SOOO 80ish wins?  I stand corrected on my number (off 1.5) but I would be right on the overall outcome of right around .500. 

Only if you can tell me how he's going to simultaneously play DH and RF. Playing 300 games during a 162 game season seems difficult for one person.

Just now, cjgalloway said:

Iirc we were around -3 in RF.  So we theoretically could have been a 78 win team last year or around there if we had Joc.