Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?

bmags

5 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Does losing on Wheeler end our pursuit of Joc? The latter seems heavily predicated on thinking we can make the playoffs in '20, and I don't see it without a high-end SP signing or some really great prospect/youth development luck

Probably. I'm thinking that they just go for someone like Puig at this point. 

I hope that the Sox get creative with problem-solving the rotation instead of throwing money at it in free agency. KennyGM, for all his faults, was pretty good at finding value in the trade market. Aside from Cole and Strasburg, the free agent pitching options aren't worth their price tags, and unfortunately, I don't know enough about the rest of the league to know who is worth what and who would be available to even speculate.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

I hope that the Sox get creative with problem-solving the rotation instead of throwing money at it in free agency. KennyGM, for all his faults, was pretty good at finding value in the trade market. Aside from Cole and Strasburg, the free agent pitching options aren't worth their price tags, and unfortunately, I don't know enough about the rest of the league to know who is worth what and who would be available to even speculate.

Just my guess: 

Ryu: 20-25M AAV on a 3-4 year deal

Keuchel: 18-22M AAV on a 3 year deal

Bumgarner: 20-25M AAV on a 4-5 year deal

I'd pass on all of them at that price, and Ryu/Keuchel is a HARD pass. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

If the Sox get Joc who platoons with him? He is wretched against same handed pitchers. I'd take him, but hope the Sox don't give up someone like A-Bum for him either. 

Leury with some Engel sprinkled in.  Both hit LHP well.  

I do not want to give up any assets on a one year player.  However, I might deal with the Dodgers for Joc if you are allowed to find out what it would take to extend him.  Maybe spread some of the Wheeler allocation that direction.  Anyone know who his agent is?

17 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

I like how Pollock and Joc are mentioned in the same tweet.  One guy has value and the other guy has none.  Who wants the remaining 3 years and $42 million dollar contract for the 32 year old outfielder who had elbow surgery last year?

31 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I like how Pollock and Joc are mentioned in the same tweet.  One guy has value and the other guy has none.  Who wants the remaining 3 years and $42 million dollar contract for the 32 year old outfielder who had elbow surgery last year?

Last offseason people here wanted to be in on Pollock despite this team not being competitive in 2019 and despite his injury history.

Think of it this way; there's a good chance the Dodgers would pay a substantial portion of his contract to clear the roster spot right now. How substantial does that have to be to interest you? If you had to trade Alec Hansen (very little value) and the Dodgers took on Herrera's deal and also added in another $14 million, effectively making the White Sox have to pay less than $20 million over 3 years for that player, would you think about it? If not, what dollar amount would you need him to be paid to take him on?

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Last offseason people here wanted to be in on Pollock despite this team not being competitive in 2019 and despite his injury history.

Think of it this way; there's a good chance the Dodgers would pay a substantial portion of his contract to clear the roster spot right now. How substantial does that have to be to interest you? If you had to trade Alec Hansen (very little value) and the Dodgers took on Herrera's deal and also added in another $14 million, effectively making the White Sox have to pay less than $20 million over 3 years for that player, would you think about it? If not, what dollar amount would you need him to be paid to take him on?

$20M over 3 years for Pollock could be worth the risk.  If he stayed healthy, he'd be worth it.  Big if, though.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I wouldn’t be targeting aging outfielders with injury concerns so I would pass regardless.