Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?

bmags

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

The problem there is having "all your prospects reach the point of no value". That's, um, not supposed to happen.

It does if you’re unable to give them opportunities and they start aging out / slow down.  What’s your plan for Basabe, Gonzalez, Adolfo, Rutherford, & Walker?

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It does if you’re unable to give them opportunities and they start aging out / slow down.  What’s your plan for Basabe, Gonzalez, Adolfo, Rutherford, & Walker?

Honestly all those guys are trade bait for me.  LF and CF is solidified for years.  RF we can get via trade or FA.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just my opinion, but of that group, Gonzalez and Rutherford are no longer prospects. 

Of the other three, I lose hope by the month. They're all trade bait, and I wouldn't lose sleep over any of them. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The problem there is having "all your prospects reach the point of no value". That's, um, not supposed to happen.

Which is why you trade some of them for other things. There's 5 guys there for one position, and you're probably better off looking to FA/Trade to fill that spot anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So they can only get worse ?

I’m not saying they can only get worse.  What I’m getting at is at some point prospects do age out and/or require 40 man roster spots, so you can’t hold onto them indefinitely.  Keep the ones that you think will develop into quality players and trade the others before teams realize their flaws.  Strong self-scouting is essential to optimizing player value.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not saying they can only get worse.  What I’m getting at is at some point prospects do age out and/or require 40 man roster spots, so you can’t hold onto them indefinitely.  Keep the ones that you think will develop into quality players and trade the others before teams realize their flaws.  Strong self-scouting is essential to optimizing player value.

I'm just amazed that the Sox go through a rebuild and people are so desperate to win that all the scouts on this board are willing to dump years of control for 1 year of a decent player. Didn't we hear the same shit about Semien, Bassitt , Phegley, Ravelo who are all still getting MLB appearances with an MVP candidate in the group ,while Samardzija is long gone and Michael Ynoa hasn't pitched in MLB for 2 years.

11 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Yeah.  Hang on to them too long and guys figure out they can't play.  Best to move them when there's still some shiney new thing on them.  

So some think they are non prospects already and some believe they still have value after so so years after injuries and playing in Death Valley at AA but you can fool all of baseball into thinking they still have upside. Got it. So basically saying if you believe they actually do have value you are a fool but the rest of MLB are fools too.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Sheets can't play.  Move him for a bag of balls.  Heuer is interesting.  I'd ride that one out.  

I'm a big Heuer guy too. Kid has very good stuff despite the K numbers not quite being there. Watched him alot last season in Birmingham. 

Joc is one of my favorites for RF out of all the other players mentioned by some other posters. I'd be all in. 

11 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Sheets can't play.  Move him for a bag of balls.  Heuer is interesting.  I'd ride that one out.  

Doesn't all of Future Sox dislike you because you lift your leg and piss all over most Sox prospects ? And you have been told to not bring your shit into that Forum ?

• Like 1