Sox have checked in on Pineda, but he signs with Twins

Sockin

2 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Until I was reminded of the PED suspension I was down with adding him.  

It was reduced to 60 games because he was able to prove that it was a diet pill and not a masking agent. He still got suspended, but he wasn't actually using roids. 

Basically he got suspended because he was irresponsible with what he put into his body. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It was reduced to 60 games because he was able to prove that it was a diet pill and not a masking agent. He still got suspended, but he wasn't actually using roids. 

Basically he got suspended because he was irresponsible with what he put into his body. 

Oh I don't care about that.  I care more about having guys early in the season.  That's where we need the depth more.

3 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Oh I don't care about that.  I care more about having guys early in the season.  That's where we need the depth more.

I've always been a fan of Pineda, even when he was with Seattle. 

I'd grab him anyway. If they get another pitcher they can get by with Giolito/Lopez/Cease/Wood/absolute dumpster dive. 

Just my opinion, they absolutely needed to land Wheeler for any shot of competing in 2020. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'd grab him anyway. If they get another pitcher they can get by with Giolito/Lopez/Cease/Wood/absolute dumpster dive. 

Just my opinion, they absolutely needed to land Wheeler for any shot of competing in 2020. 

If the price is right, meh.

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I mean, that's when the guy was a mega super-hyped young buck so I'd expect Seattle days would be when you'd be a fan.

Regarding Pineda, if the money's right, fine. However, I agree with a poster that this team needs to get out of the gate early.

38 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

I mean, that's when the guy was a mega super-hyped young buck so I'd expect Seattle days would be when you'd be a fan.

Regarding Pineda, if the money's right, fine. However, I agree with a poster that this team needs to get out of the gate early.

Even with the Yankees after the injuries, I liked him. His last full season pre-TJS he struck out 200 hitters. Dude had a gopher ball problem with the Yankees. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Love 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox have checked in on Pineda, but he signs with Twins

Basically, the same exact price as Gibson with one less year of commitment.

Losing Wheeler obviously shocked them into action.

So now they have Berrios, Odorizzi, Pineda/Graterol and Dobnak/Smeltzer/Wisler at the back end.

The duo of Jordan Balazovic and Jhoan Duran look to be future studs as well. Can any of them impact the Minnesota Twins next year?

In short answer? No. Graterol needs to head back to the minors to get more work as a starter, so he won’t be ready. Balazoic and Duran are both 21 and need a lot more work in the minors barring a miraculous jump forward. Graterol might make the jump as a second-half spot starter if he stays healthy and everything breaks right. The three starters will make an impact at some point, it just won’t be this year.

https://puckettspond.com/2019/10/16/minnesota-twins-predicting-the-twins-starting-rotation-for-2020/3/