Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow, my guy raBBit dropping those heat bombs just in the nick of time!  

I’m going to say one of the frameworks is a deal with the Rockies for Gray + Blackmon.  We take on most if not all of Charlie’s contract and give up very little in return.

If I'm taking on Blackmon's contract (and he's probably a DH at this point too) I'd much rather aim higher. Give me Marquez who would probably be electric getting out of Coors (Gray's numbers strangely are better at Coors than away). Plus, Marquez is controlled longer. 

Damn I just looked at Blackmon's contract again. Player options through 2022 and 2023. Ew, but I actually thought he had another year on that thing so that's good.

Edited by SoxAce

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

If I'm taking on Blackmon's contract (and he's probably a DH at this point too) I'd much rather aim higher. Give me Marquez who would probably be electric getting out of Coors (Gray's numbers strangely are better at Coors than away). Plus, Marquez is controlled longer. 

Yeah, I think you’d have to get Marquez due to the control.

How did Blackmon’d defense fall off a cliff like that?  His range was even bad for RF.

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol no one knows how to overreact like a white sox fan.

Is it not in the white sox best interest to push back against any narrative that they have to get something done? 

Considering the Sox success rate with their main targets, if you truly believe this, you may as well save the post so you can copy and paste it into next offseason’s hot stove discussions.

We all understand the BS GM talk but it’s still time to put up or shut up.  Hahn has been talking about this offseason for awhile.

13 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Considering the Sox success rate with their main targets, if you truly believe this, you may as well save the post so you can copy and paste it into next offseason’s hot stove discussions.

We all understand the BS GM talk but it’s still time to put up or shut up.  Hahn has been talking about this offseason for awhile.

I mean, theyve completed 1 and missed 2. I'm not sure that's awful; wheeler was frustrating but not bad.

Friedman said last night that the Dodgers have about 15 players they are interested in this off-season - which is down from typical years. What percentage do you think the Dodgers expect to convert on?

If they had no interest in Bumgarner before wheeler signed they should have no interest now.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

46 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

SP & RF is what I assume that “two holes one swing” comment means. Let’s see if we finally get some action today!

Could be the Rockies as other have said. Pirates also could fill SP and RF. Pirates are also “rebuilding” in a sense they have no chance at winning that division. Prospects make more sense going back to them. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, theyve completed 1 and missed 2. I'm not sure that's awful; wheeler was frustrating but not bad.

Friedman said last night that the Dodgers have about 15 players they are interested in this off-season - which is down from typical years. What percentage do you think the Dodgers expect to convert on?

If they had no interest in Bumgarner before wheeler signed they should have no interest now.

Are you seriously comparing the Sox to the Dodgers? When was the last time the Sox went to the playoffs back to back years?

1 minute ago, centerfieldsixers said:

why do we want to take on bad contracts?  

To obtain what we need (SP and RF) for a minimal cost in talent, considering the free agent options aren’t ideal and will also require bad contracts.

I’d take on Price’s bad contract if it means we also acquire a 25 year old lefty hitting outfielder.