Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yes, Mazara is a much better option.  He is everything Ozuna isn’t and more.  We should be much more excited about his “potential.”

Whatever dude.  I am not excited about Mazara - but you're also the guy that would complain when Ozuna becomes a dogshit asset making $18M AAV in 2 years.  Ozuna is not worth what he's going to get paid, and clogging your OF long term with an expensive player that isn't a good defender isn't a good baseball move.  

Funny that you of all people were in the minority of people who actually wanted to sign Ozuna.  Seems like you just want money spent for the sake of money spent - to hell with it being a smart deal long term.  But your tune will certainly change when those deals get into the "fuck, we really shouldn't have done that" stage.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Whatever dude.  I am not excited about Mazara - but you're also the guy that would complain when Ozuna becomes a dogshit asset making $18M AAV in 2 years.  Ozuna is not worth what he's going to get paid, and clogging your OF long term with an expensive player that isn't a good defender isn't a good baseball move.  

Funny that you of all people were in the minority of people who actually wanted to sign Ozuna.  Seems like you just want money spent for the sake of money spent - to hell with it being a smart deal long term.  But your tune will certainly change when those deals get into the "fuck, we really shouldn't have done that" stage.  

You can keep saying this but it isn’t true.  I do know that the majority did not want a sub-1 WAR right fielder but that’s what we got.

By the way, a lot of good posts that prove someone else’s point wrong start with “Whatever dude” so I applaud you.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

You can keep saying this but it isn’t true.  I do know that the majority did not want a sub-1 WAR right fielder but that’s what we got.

By the way, a lot of good posts that prove someone else’s point wrong start with “Whatever dude” so I applaud you.

I said whatever dude because you're like talking to a brick fucking wall.  You ignore every single point people make and just repeat the same negative bullshit over and over again.  I said nothing about Mazara - we were talking about using useless stats like ASG appearances, gold gloves and silver sluggers in regard to Ozuna, and then you go back to Mazara.  You do the exact same thing with Machado in nearly every thread almost a year later!

Very few people are excited about Mazara, but he's a measurably better move all things considered than handing Ozuna a 5 year $90M contract.  I wouldn't have made the Mazara move at this juncture myself, but I think its a much better long term move than overpaying a DH close to $100M and committing to the worst OF defense in the league for half a decade.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I said whatever dude because you're like talking to a brick fucking wall.  You ignore every single point people make and just repeat the same negative bullshit over and over again.  I said nothing about Mazara - we were talking about using useless stats like ASG appearances, gold gloves and silver sluggers in regard to Ozuna, and then you go back to Mazara.  You do the exact same thing with Machado in nearly every thread almost a year later!

Very few people are excited about Mazara, but he's a measurably better move all things considered than handing Ozuna a 5 year $90M contract.  I wouldn't have made the Mazara move at this juncture myself, but I think its a much better long term move than overpaying a DH close to $100M and committing to the worst OF defense in the league for half a decade.  

How is acquiring an unproductive but cheaper outfielder a measurably better move than acquiring a more expensive outfielder that actually produces?  I guess we would have to look at value per WAR to truly prove or disapprove each other.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

How is acquiring an unproductive but cheaper outfielder a measurably better move than acquiring a more expensive outfielder that actually produces?  I guess we would have to look at value per WAR to truly prove or disapprove each other.

JFC. I am not repeating what has been explained to you countless times today  

• Like 1