Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

I was listening to Rick Hahn on MLB Radio on the drive home yesterday. This guy is the biggest bullshit artist I've ever heard next to Trump. He talks about urgency with the pitching market in one sentence and then in the next one talks about making sure everything aligns and taking your time. I'm sick of it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I was listening to Rick Hahn on MLB Radio on the drive home yesterday. This guy is the biggest bullshit artist I've ever heard next to Trump. He talks about urgency with the pitching market in one sentence and then in the next one talks about making sure everything aligns and taking your time. I'm sick of it. 

all leaders or people in position are con artists.. even obama

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

No need to bring Trump into this.  Although, the economy is booming as a result of him so you would think the Sox would in turn spend some money this offseason.  😂

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

all leaders or people in position are con artists.. even obama

That's not really what I'm talking about. Just the skill of basically contradicting yourself in one paragraph and having people just gloss over. He's basically able to get away with saying nothing in those interviews. 

• Like 1

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

No need to bring Trump into this.  Although, the economy is booming as a result of him so you would think the Sox would in turn spend some money this offseason.  😂

Yeah Jerry could all the sudden get 5 billion extra dollars tomorrow and still wouldn't change his philosophy. 

I want to believe he is not tipping his hand. I actually believe he has revelaed more than I expected him too with the talk of temptation and how lots of people are calling on his young talent. It must be hard to stick to the plan and fight temptation.  

All i am trying to do is be patient for once. i still think moves will be made but not only did we lose our target, were not the most appealing place to come and play.  

8 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You also have to factor in that Lopez might pitch himself into the bullpen if he continues his 2019 season.

I don't understand the doom and gloom about Lopez.   Yes he's been a disappointment so far, but he has the raw stuff for it to possibly click at any moment.  

As a #5, I have no problem with giving him another 180 inning rope.   Especially over Procelo's washed up ass and $10 million. 

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I don't understand the doom and gloom about Lopez.   Yes he's been a disappointment so far, but he has the raw stuff for it to possibly click at any moment.  

As a #5, I have no problem with giving him another 180 inning rope.   Especially over Procelo's washed up ass and $10 million. 

yes lets not give up yet on Lopez.  Agree.  Not that he is a number 3 right now but his talent alone is still too early to give up on.  Some just take longer than others

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I agree and still have hope for Lopez figuring it out but not everyone pans out regardless of their stuff.

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm glad folks are finally starting to read into this clown. He's a great talker, has been since he took the job.   But he's no different than Kenny.    At least Kenny would give you the "can't spend 10 cents" crap if you don't show up to games.  

Last years debacle made me stop following the team for an entire year.

This year I went into the offseason with virtually no expectations. Somehow, Hahn & co. are managing to fuck this up too. 

Grandal was a good deal. Mazara was an objectively good deal (albeit, we could have just signed a C level OF an kept out S. Walker and been in the same position).

It's more of the fact that the White Sox, who have such large financial ability, are completely out on all the top free agents that would ignite this team. Cole? Strasburg? Exactly what we need. Rendon? Maybe not exactly what we need, but could have got him for the Machado deal we reportedly wanted to give out. 

It feels like ownership is being greedy, they are likely making tons of money for themselves off this organization, yet they aren't putting money in.

Making matters worse we see teams that beat us, like the Phillies and Padres, continually pouring funds and trading to get amazing players. 

I just don't want to hear Hahn's bullshit, I just want to see us involved where we should be. 

Last year: Why couldn't we get both Harper and Machado? At least in Machado's case there's no reason we shouldn't have been able to get him.

This year: Why couldn't we up the offer for Rendon? Why were we not involved with Stras or cole at all. Why not go grab Castellanos now as well? etc. 

1 minute ago, Hatchetman said:

He IS our #3 right now.

Well, you have to assume you get a legit #2 and either one of Cease or Kopech pitches to their top prospect potential and moves on up. 

If Kopech and Cease end up sucking, then yes we are doomed.  

It goes for all our young core, if they end up sucking then this rebuild goes to shit.   No matter how many Free Agents you go out and get. 

4 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

I want to believe he is not tipping his hand. I actually believe he has revelaed more than I expected him too with the talk of temptation and how lots of people are calling on his young talent. It must be hard to stick to the plan and fight temptation.  

All i am trying to do is be patient for once. i still think moves will be made but not only did we lose our target, were not the most appealing place to come and play.  

Well he has to hype the product too. The temptation comes from teams offering things for guys you want to keep like Gio and Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Kopech Cease probably even Lopez I think it's great you are being patient. Still a lot of time to go this off season. I'm expecting a big trade.Prospects will be involved unfortunately  but that's where we are at. I know a lot of people love them some Madrigal but he's not a run producer so I'd expect him gone if the Sox do indeed trade prospects.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well he has to hype the product too. The temptation comes from teams offering things for guys you want to keep like Gio and Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Kopech Cease probably even Lopez I think it's great you are being patient. Still a lot of time to go this off season. I'm expecting a big trade.Prospects will be involved unfortunately  but that's where we are at. I know a lot of people love them some Madrigal but he's not a run producer so I'd expect him gone if the Sox do indeed trade prospects.

always spitting the truth Calisox.. good job.  you say it so better than me

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Well, you have to assume you get a legit #2 and either one of Cease or Kopech pitches to their top prospect potential and moves on up. 

If Kopech and Cease end up sucking, then yes we are doomed.  

It goes for all our young core, if they end up sucking then this rebuild goes to shit.   No matter how many Free Agents you go out and get. 

well very smart people are telling me Kopech will start the season in the minors to preserve his service time.

1 minute ago, Hatchetman said:

well very smart people are telling me Kopech will start the season in the minors to preserve his service time.

Service time at the expense of paying some scrub like Porcelo/Nova $10 million?    I highly doubt they would do that or it being a smart business decision.  But I wouldn't put it past the Sox.  

7 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I just don't want to hear Hahn's bullshit, I just want to see us involved where we should be. 

Last year: Why couldn't we get both Harper and Machado? At least in Machado's case there's no reason we shouldn't have been able to get him.

This year: Why couldn't we up the offer for Rendon? Why were we not involved with Stras or cole at all. Why not go grab Castellanos now as well? etc. 

Because Reinsdorf refuses to do business with Scott Boras. The last time the Sox signed a Boras free agent was an over-the-hill Andruw Jones literally TEN YEARS AGO!!