Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

And then still have 2 rotation spots to fill?  Not saying I wouldn't do that deal - I would - but we're not really in a position to be trading from our limited MLB SP crop. 

Maybe it’s just their evaluation of what Cease projects to be. There’s a few prospects I think they’re lower on than general consensus.

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Not saying that I would do that deal, but if you're gonna trade Cease you do it this offseason and try to get top value for him

I get your point but I also think it's quite likely that Cease's trade value increases after next season, even though he loses a year of control

Gray or Marquez from the Rockies would be interesting.  

Some of the posters here are putting too much stock in the prospects after Vaughn.  They likely won't have any viable path to this team unless something really bad happens.  Assuming we get a SP and RF there is no spot for a Walker or anyone to even fill.  Maybe hold onto Dunning incase Lopez fizzles out?  They need to get a #2 SP, I don't really care what they give up for it.

12 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Gray or Marquez from the Rockies would be interesting.  

Some of the posters here are putting too much stock in the prospects after Vaughn.  They likely won't have any viable path to this team unless something really bad happens.  Assuming we get a SP and RF there is no spot for a Walker or anyone to even fill.  Maybe hold onto Dunning incase Lopez fizzles out?  They need to get a #2 SP, I don't really care what they give up for it.

Would love me Marquez :)