Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Man I want nothing to do with that if he's getting 9/330.  I wouldn't be mad at the Sox if that's even remotely close.

See, I'd give Cole that much money. I think he's as safe of a FA SP as you'll ever find on the market. That doesn't mean he doesn't break next year, but I'd give Cole whatever it took to sign him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattdavidsonsflow said:

BTW, Bob Night just said the Sox had high bid for Lyles as well on the Sox Talk live podcast from SD w/ Chuck & others

Lyles would be a guy on a short leash with the Sox with Rodon and Kopech coming back from injury. Not surprising he wouldn't be all that interested. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I really don't know why the White Sox would want it out there, that they were the high bid for Lyles  . Wheeler, OK, but Lyles? 

I mean... he serves as an upgrade for the rotation that's for sure, and its not like he would break the bank. He signed for 2/16, right? He would have been a welcome addition all things considered. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I am moreso concerned that the Sox were actually interested in Jordan Lyles than the fact that he took a $1M or whatever less to play elsewhere. 

He's actually made a lot of changes in the past few years; consistency has escaped him, but he's been a different pitcher the past two seasons than he was before.

Lyles was really rushed to the big leagues, and he's had to adjust on the fly and he's really changed his repertoire in the past two years. His numbers in SD and Milwaukee were fine for a back end stuff and he does generate some swings and misses. I wouldn't be shocked to see him be a decent piece for the Rangers, but he is of course capable of being complete garbage.