SoxBlanco

I really like the fill two spots with one trade. There’s so many options:

-Price and Benintendi

-Happ and Andujar/hopefully not Frazier

-Haniger and Gonzales

-Gallen and Peralta (keep dreaming)

-Lester and Schwarber (not impossible)

-Marte and Archer (though very pricey)

Top 2 are most possible and not too crazy. Still will have money to spend on SP/OF/etc. gotta start contending now. Can’t wait 3 years for tradeable prospects to be up. 

Best thing Rick said was

1. They all met at the end of the year and said it's time.

2. He told Eloy if he doesn't want to come out of games, he needs to play better defense. He expects him to get better. 

3. Guys who'll be brought in will be here for years. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Renteria said they had a meeting at the end of last year, and said "its time."

I wonder if DVS will write a new article about it.

That makes it sound like Renteria is truly the manager the Sox are sticking with going forward.  Yuck.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

That makes it sound like Renteria is truly the manager the Sox are sticking with going forward.  Yuck.

Let us know when you find something about this team that you approve of or like... until then can you keep persistent negative comments to yourself?

I’ll even take one for the team and abstain from poop posts if you’ll make this agreement with me.

Deal?

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Let us know when you find something about this team that you approve of or like... until then can you keep persistent negative comments to yourself?

I’ll even take one for the team and abstain from poop posts if you’ll make this agreement with me.

Deal?

I can never figure out posting gifs on soxtalk, but if I knew, I would insert the standing ovation gif!  You tell him man!👏

24 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Best thing Rick said was

1. They all met at the end of the year and said it's time.

2. He told Eloy if he doesn't want to come out of games, he needs to play better defense. He expects him to get better. 

3. Guys who'll be brought in will be here for years. 

See, if they trade for Betts it means they’ll sign him. Case closed.

10 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Deal?

Moncada, Eloy, Robert, etc.  There’s a lot to like about this team but Renteria is still a terrible manager and there’s really no denying it.  Last season, it was a rare occurrence when posters didn’t make note of one of his bad managerial decisions in a game thread.

If the Sox are trying to win it all, they need to improve all facets of their team, including game management.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

34 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

I really like the fill two spots with one trade. There’s so many options:

-Price and Benintendi

-Happ and Andujar/hopefully not Frazier

-Haniger and Gonzales

-Gallen and Peralta (keep dreaming)

-Lester and Schwarber (not impossible)

-Marte and Archer (though very pricey)

Top 2 are most possible and not too crazy. Still will have money to spend on SP/OF/etc. gotta start contending now. Can’t wait 3 years for tradeable prospects to be up. 

The guy we want from the Yankees would be Tauchman. Great D at any OF spot, LH power bat and Chicagoan. I'd try to get Yanks to kick in a few million toward Happ's salary. Looks as though they might want to trim payroll to make room for Cole.

59 minutes ago, pcq said:

Boston needs to move two big contracts for a bumper crop of prospects. 

FWIW, teams don't move big contracts for "bumper crop of prospects". You move cheap, controlled people for prospects. You move big contracts for minimal return to save money. 

The White Sox don't have a bumper crop of prospects, but they have the ability to take on contracts.