Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Because they want Kopech starting the season in AAA so he can gradually build up innings and get us an extra year of control.

If they did that then there's no reason for them to go out spending money on anyone because they don't care about winning right now

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I question the organizational commitment to winning right now.

I wonder if the whole "money will be spent" thing was a ploy to slash payroll and maximize profits, taking advantage of Sox fans optimism regarding the rebuild. The ownership group is making out like bandits.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I wonder if the whole "money will be spent" thing was a ploy to slash payroll and maximize profits, taking advantage of Sox fans optimism regarding the rebuild. The ownership group is making out like bandits.

Kinda thinking the same. They had no intention of winning or spending money. They have to do lowball offers. 

I'm convinced that the 5/125 offer to Wheeler was a PR stunt after Wheeler said he wasn't interested. The only offered it because they knew it wouldn't be accepted. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Kinda thinking the same. They had no intention of winning or spending money. They have to do lowball offers. 

I'm convinced that the 5/125 offer to Wheeler was a PR stunt after Wheeler said he wasn't interested. The only offered it because they knew it wouldn't be accepted. 

There’s absolutely no proof they offered that 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Hahn might have gotten Muchado, Harper and Wheeler if Hookers & Blow would have been the sales pitch instead of signing family.

Worked for Louisville and the Cowboys.

Lol. I was joking because the guy said "plan snowjob" and a snowjob is slang for having cocaine on your nose after snorting a line. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

You really need to stop with these conspiracy theories because you look like absolute idiot every time you post one.

5 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Old man Bruce. Because why not have more 1B/DH types?!

I know Encarnacion would be cheap (likely a one year deal) due to his age but DH should be the last area of focus.  They need two starters and two relief pitchers.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I know he would be cheap but DH should be the last area of focus.  They need two starters and relief pitchers.

You said it all in one word, cheap. Who cares how the player fits? If he’s cheap and might have name recognition this crew is in. That’s why when I posted the video of Bartolo Colon I was only part joking about him being our #5 starter.

8 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I know Encarnacion would be cheap (likely a one year deal) due to his age but DH should be the last area of focus.  They need two starters and two relief pitchers.

They have enough money to add whatever they want.  Regardless, they won’t be adding two relief pitchers.

Lol At this point I doubt they will even match encarnacion’s price. Maybe they didn’t expect Grandal to accept. Here’s to another year of standing pat. Then Hahn will say “there are many outside of the organization that believe we have had a great off season”

• Like 1