Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

21 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Lol At this point I doubt they will even match encarnacion’s price. Maybe they didn’t expect Grandal to accept. Here’s to another year of standing pat. Then Hahn will say “there are many outside of the organization that believe we have had a great off season”

This doesn't sound like you Orlando.  Please...don't go over to the dark side.  

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I wish I weren’t going there as well. This front office never gives you a reason not to though. They just talk big game and never deliver. It’s hard in life to deal with habitual big talkers /borderline liars.  When they show me otherwise I will listen and still be here waiting

2 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

the top 3 pitchers signed.  we were in on 1 of them. never had a chance on the other 2.

were being graded a D?   

PEOPLE

We're just now wrapping up the Winter Meetings and there are still a few big names on the board, though we don't seem to be publicly connected to them yet or anymore.

The off-season isn't over yet but they haven't performed well to this point. Their progress report reads "needs improvement" at this point, trending toward a final bad grade. Still time to prove us wrong though.

10 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Trying not to. I just really hate how they have operated since Wheeler signed elsewhere. The market is drying up. The team has so many holes. I don’t want another losing season. I don’t want to waste Moncada or Giolito. Other teams with less resources are making us look horrible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Trying not to. I just really hate how they have operated since Wheeler signed elsewhere. The market is drying up. The team has so many holes. I don’t want another losing season. I don’t want to waste Moncada or Giolito. Other teams with less resources are making us look horrible.

What teams are making us look horrible?  Reds have missed on so many of their targets. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Orlando said:

O you are correct in your thinking, please let me know in what business can you continually fail and expect your customers to come back.

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

What other move besides Wheeler would you have liked them to make? If you went into the off season expecting Cole/Stras you were setting yourself up 

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

What other move besides Wheeler would you have liked them to make? If you went into the off season expecting Cole/Stras you were setting yourself up 

I’ve never expected Cole or Stras. I would have liked a run at Rendon but I knew they wouldn’t. I would have liked them to add literally any of the B or C tier starters. I would like to see them make an effort for a better right fielder but all indication is that they are good with Mazara. I would have like to see them grab Treinen. Didi would have been nice for 2nd. Literally anything that makes the team better. Mazara is a rebuilding move that I would have loved last year. They have been talking competing with a division wide open but their actions speak louder

• Like 1

Just now, Orlando said:

I’ve never expected Cole or Stras. I would have liked a run at Rendon but I knew they wouldn’t. I would have liked them to add literally any of the B or C tier starters. I would like to see them make an effort for a better right fielder but all indication is that they are good with Mazara. I would have like to see them grab Treinen. Didi would have been nice for 2nd. Literally anything that makes the team better. Mazara is a rebuilding move that I would have loved last year. They have been talking competing with a division wide open but their actions speak louder

if you really expected all that you are delusional

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

sorry orlando.  misread

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

This. Couldn’t say it any better (or nicer) than O did here