Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Boras literally said the opposite in his media scrum on Tuesday.  Something like - "I've spent a lot of time on the phone with the White Sox last several days.  They're being very aggressive." 

I trust what Boras says after his FA sign, not before. I am sure he was using the Sox as leverage in other negotiations. Besides, its possible the Sox were aggressive in early offers but backed out once other teams drove prices up to their appropriate value. 

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

I trust what Boras says after his FA sign, not before. I am sure he was using the Sox as leverage in other negotiations. Besides, its possible the Sox were aggressive in early offers but backed out once other teams drove prices up to their appropriate value. 

Yah - I mean, I didn't hear whatever fathom is referring to.  Just relying what I heard from Boras on Tuesday.  The top end guys we're never happening.  But hopefully Sox still in contact on Ryu.  Ryu would still be the best move they can make on the FA market right now, and he's still available.  

32 minutes ago, Dlsoxfan said:

We will wait. Someone will hear something is happening. Everybody will start going crazy. The next thing we know we sign Rich Hill. That's a life of a sox fan.

That would be impressive because he retired 

All the angst from Sox fans.   Did people really honestly think the Sox were going to come out with a Cole, Strasburg , or Rendon this offseason?   I'm assuming that's where all the negativeness comes from.  

I myself  was shocked we even got Grandal. 

Maybe the Wheeler thing is what ruined the mood.  But let's get real, 5 years $120 million for that guy was a tall reach to begin with.   

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Last offseason was really bad.

This year is arguably much worse and fans are sick of the shitty excuses and back tracking.

I can almost bet attendance will see yet another jump this season.  

As I said yesterday, there is still plenty positive on the current roster to get on-board with.