Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

https://global.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28307993/predicting-where-mlb-top-remaining-free-agents-sign

Schoenfield has us signing Castellanos, good matches for Keuchel, Teheran, EE, Will Harris

Sign Keuchel (need to break up all the hard-throwing RHP’s somehow) or trade

Sign one of Wood, Walker, Teheran 

Sign Castellanos, Ozuna or EE for RF/DH 

Sign Will Harris for pen

It would require adding somewhere between another $40-$55/60ish million in 2020 payroll.

Likely to just get EE, a secondary pitcher.   Maybe Gennett/Dietrich/Holt, but Leury’s presence negates the likelihood of that.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Mulley, Haugh, and Zack Zaidman said no chance Sox sign a Boris client.  Haugh said the FO needs to get out of the game and that they embarass Sox fans.  

They really need to make a couple big moves.  I'm really hoping they have something in the works that is impactful.

Not to be a dick, but those three have no clue what the Sox will or won’t do.  That being said, the more this drags on without signing a starter the more I feel we end up trading for Price.  Just seems like such a White Sox move IMO.  Still not sure why we haven’t signed our #5 type yet unless we are waiting for best deal possible, which would be a shitty way to approach but who the fuck knows at this point.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not to be a dick, but those three have no clue what the Sox will or won’t do.  That being said, the more this drags on without signing a starter the more I feel we end up trading for Price.  Just seems like such a White Sox move IMO.  Still not sure why we haven’t signed our #5 type yet unless we are waiting for best deal possible, which would be a shitty way to approach but who the fuck knows at this point.

I know they know nothing about the Sox plans.  But Haugh and Mulley are Sox fans and their comments are resonating with how this FO is operating.  

1 hour ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Mulley, Haugh, and Zack Zaidman said no chance Sox sign a Boris client.  Haugh said the FO needs to get out of the game and that they embarass Sox fans.  

They really need to make a couple big moves.  I'm really hoping they have something in the works that is impactful.

It feels like our FO is desperate and trying to stay above water. They fucked up and must get excuses ready for why we will trade for mediocre pitching or use our top prospects to acquire good pitching. My guess, is that we are gonna be hit with the "championship window is not open yet" BS. They will kick this can as far as they can get it. 

24 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It feels like our FO is desperate and trying to stay above water. They fucked up and must get excuses ready for why we will trade for mediocre pitching or use our top prospects to acquire good pitching. My guess, is that we are gonna be hit with the "championship window is not open yet" BS. They will kick this can as far as they can get it. 

And next offseason they will come up with some other bullshit that they can’t spend money because Gio and Moncada will need to be retained and they need the space to prepare for that. Jerry absolutely knows what he is doing.