Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

1 hour ago, Bad Hombre said:

i know it’s Bruce but at least we have a rumor to talk about!

This is actually good to hear, as we really haven't heard much of anything recently connecting the Sox to either pitcher.  Bruce's sources are certainly White Sox connected and not Boras connected, making it unlikely that this info is just an agent leverage play.

I haven’t heard Alex Cobb’s name mentioned here. He’s coming off surgery but is ready for a full season and projected for 186in. and 1.7 WAR. He’s due 2/$29M. If the Orioles can send a little cash along with Mychal Givens as a strong bullpen piece, it might be worth considering. We can send a Rutherford back to them. 

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can’t believe people are ok bringing back a 33 year old starter who averaged 5.5 K’s per 9 last year.  Dude is going to fall off a cliff in the near future and I pray it’s with someone else.

I am not a fan of Nova and there are definitely more interesting secondary SP targets to shoot for before him.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can’t believe people are ok bringing back a 33 year old starter who averaged 5.5 K’s per 9 last year.  Dude is going to fall off a cliff in the near future and I pray it’s with someone else.

People are just freaking out with all these other signings.  I’m with you, I’m happy to move on from Nova.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

People are just freaking out with all these other signings.  I’m with you, I’m happy to move on from Nova.

I don’t think it’s freaking out to be pessimistic of the Sox chances to land a good SP considering the two remaining that they can obtain for simply money are both Boras clients.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1

At this point I would be happy with DK as SP 1 and Walker as 2. I think Walker has the most upside and should cost little. But due to injury concerns bring back Nova as an innings eater.

Opening:

Giolito

DK

Lopez

Cease

Walker/Nova

Later:

Giolito

DK

Kopech

Lopez

Cease

You have Walker/Nova in case of injury. I did not bother mentioning Rodon as we have no idea what we will get from him. If anything it's a bonus.

16 hours ago, Baker said:

I haven’t heard Alex Cobb’s name mentioned here. He’s coming off surgery but is ready for a full season and projected for 186in. and 1.7 WAR. He’s due 2/$29M. If the Orioles can send a little cash along with Mychal Givens as a strong bullpen piece, it might be worth considering. We can send a Rutherford back to them. 

Good sweet Lord no, he'd be an absolute car crash at the Cell.... that being said, we'll deal for him.

Edited by Soxnfins

18 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Sox should offer 4/72 for Ryu. I think that might get it done.

I'm not sure I see Ryu getting four guaranteed years given the extensive injury history. I think he will get a nice three year deal and remain west.

Keuchel should be our target on a three year agreement