Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

On 12/22/2019 at 9:58 PM, Moan4Yoan said:

The joke that the Sox never sign Boras clients was a real thing up until now.  It was Andruw Jones and Carlos Rodon and they don’t really count much as big free agent targets.  Jones was an aging player at 33 and coming off of a weak season so he didn’t command much on a one year deal — only $500,000 with $1 million in incentives.  Rodon is a Boras client but he was drafted by the Sox and rookie contracts are pretty much scaled.  He received a $6.582 million signing bonus which is nothing.

Joe Crede as well...but not an FA.   A-Rod’s huge deal, almost twenty year ago now.   Not sure who represented Tanaka and Astoria Hunter, to name a few more.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, bmags said:

Bum is one guy who I think is not going to get his asking price. I still think he's more 85-88 range, so marginal but still I don't think he is a big escalating bidding war guy. I do wonder if he goes back to san fran if he doesn't get what he wants.

Damn this was good