Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Some of yall are ridiculous. Hahn's comments to the media were fine. They are the standard nothing answers all GMs give to the media. Yeesh.

100% agree.  It’s absolute insanity that anyone would react negatively to that clip.  Like you should feel like a total fucking loser if that clip got a rise out of you because it was nothing but typical Hahn lawyer speak.  He literally does this in EVERY interview to avoid actually saying anything.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  It’s absolute insanity that anyone would react negatively to that clip.  Like you should feel like a total fucking loser if that clip got a rise out of you because it was nothing but typical Hahn lawyer speak.  He literally does this in EVERY interview to avoid actually saying anything.

Get real.  Nobody actually cares about the clip, they’re just exhausted with Hahn’s failures and are expecting more of the same. And quite frankly, how can you blame fans with that attitude? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

Get real.  Nobody actually cares about the clip, they’re just exhausted with Hahn’s failures and are expecting more of the same. And quite frankly, how can you blame fans with that attitude? 

There’s been one signing in all of baseball today. No reason for anyone to be upset.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think people are upset with the “no urgency” part of it. The Sox absolutely need to have a sense of urgency given how fast things are moving this offseason.

Everyone needs to relax. It’s just the first day of the Winter Meetings. What was everyone expecting Hahn to say. “Oh we just signed Marcell Ozuna!” The GM isn’t going to come out and flat out say that. If he did quite possibly he would lose out on the deal or the upper hand at the negotiating table.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

We’re all frustrated with Hahn’s failures, not all of us whine like little b****es over a harmless 1:14 minute video clip that means absolutely nothing.  I’m sorry, but I’ll wait and see if they fail once again before I actually start ripping them this offseason.  For god’s sake they’ve already added one of the top two catchers in all of baseball and it’s only the second week of December.  There is reason for optimism right now even if they ultimately fail to deliver.  And if they fail to deliver a complete offseason we should rip them to shreds.  Until then people need to let them move at the pace the market dictates and stop panicking over every little tweet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I think people are upset with the “no urgency” part of it. The Sox absolutely need to have a sense of urgency given how fast things are moving this offseason.

I can promise you there is a sense of urgency.  That clip is nothing more than Hahn doing a shitty job of pretending there isn’t a sense urgency because misdirection is part of the job description.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We’re all frustrated with Hahn’s failures, not all of us whine like little b****es over a harmless 1:14 minute video clip that means absolutely nothing.  I’m sorry, but I’ll wait and see if they fail once again before I actually start ripping them this offseason.  For god’s sake they’ve already added one of the top two catchers in all of baseball and it’s only the second week of December.  There is reason for optimism right now even if they ultimately fail to deliver.  And if they fail to deliver a complete offseason we should rip them to shreds.  Until then people need to let them move at the pace the market dictates and stop panicking over every little tweet.

Unfortunately, where we stand today, the reasons for pessimism far outweigh the reasons for optimism.  Reinsdorf and his FO have no one to blame but themselves for the fan base to have this mindset at this point based on their track record.  It’s up to them to do something meaningful to change that mindset.  

Sadly, second tier names like Ozuna, Castellanos, and Keuchel don’t do much to move the needle on that front.  I mean, are these truly the guys we’ve been waiting for to augment this core set of players?  These are the guys we want to go up against the likes of the Yankees and Astros with in the postseason during our competitive window?  If so, we really better hope the core hits their ceilings.  

Edited by Thad Bosley

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re arguing that the White Sox and Hahn deserve the benefit of the doubt and patience in executing a plan. That type of response is earned over time, and it certainly hasn’t been earned by White Sox management. Until they prove otherwise I don’t believe they deserve that right. You, of course, are free to hold whatever opinion you want.

5 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

You’re arguing that the White Sox and Hahn deserve the benefit of the doubt and patience in executing a plan. That type of response is earned over time, and it certainly hasn’t been earned by White Sox management. Until they prove otherwise I don’t believe they deserve that right. You, of course, are free to hold whatever opinion you want.

You can guarantee whatever prospects they trade away from a farm system already lacking in much quality depth after the very top (3 of these guys will be graduating soon) will be a bone of contention because just paying money in FA has been an option beginning last off-season (when we spent money just to seem like we were doing something.)

6 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

You can have whatever opinion you like of our front office, offseason plan, etc. and it would be warranted.  However, overreacting to a stupid nothing video is not warranted under any circumstance and makes this site an absolute shit show.  At least find rational things to get upset about if pessimism is going to be your only contribution to the site.  

Look at Moan4Yoan, the dude literally complains about everything (including a Star Wars TV show being unrealistic due to a bounty hunter having too much action) and single handedly brings down the quality of this site.  We don’t need multiple people here whining about every little thing or the site will quickly become enjoyable no matter what happens.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Per Rosenthals latest, the giants are in the lead for Castellanos (at least believed to be) 

There is no fucking way he goes there.  He publically b****ed about Comerica and how stupid the field was.

Also the RF at Oracle is like the hardest to play in the league.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Man. fathom being the voice of reason around here is really throwing me off this off-season. Did you discover marijuana or something recently?

He is not nearly as pessimistic as you make him seem at times Dirty (not like the old fathom).

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

There is no fucking way he goes there.  He publically b****ed about Comerica and how stupid the field was.

Also the RF at Oracle is like the hardest to play in the league.

Why would he care about park dimensions and any impact it may have on his numbers once he signs that fat Boras contract?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You can have whatever opinion you like of our front office, offseason plan, etc. and it would be warranted.  However, overreacting to a stupid nothing video is not warranted under any circumstance and makes this site an absolute shit show.  At least find rational things to get upset about if pessimism is going to be your only contribution to the site.  

Look at Moan4Yoan, the dude literally complains about everything (including a Star Wars TV show being unrealistic due to a bounty hunter having too much action) and single handedly brings down the quality of this site.  We don’t need multiple people here whining about every little thing or the site will quickly become enjoyable no matter what happens.

That really isn’t what I complained about with The Mandalorian but if my posted opinions on a stupid Disney show affect you this greatly, maybe you are the one who needs a new hobby, as opposed to going off on posters who question the Sox front office.  You may run out of cities to threaten to move to.  😂

I was actually excited about adding Ozuna until it apparently turned out to be bogus.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Why would he care about park dimensions and any impact it may have on his numbers once he signs that fat Boras contract?

I mean I'm pretty sure most players still pride themselves on performance?  He clearly does not enjoy playing in stupidly big parks.  I also don't see how or why the Giants would even want him in their current state and his bad defense.  

I don't think there's a chance in hell he signs with the Giants. It makes absolutely no sense. For one, he's a HORRID fielder, putting him in that OF is a horrible idea for him AND the Giants. For two, the team has no reason to sign him to a big contract, their in a complete rebuild with nowhere to go. For three, Castellanos hates those big fields.

It just doesn't make any sense. Book it. He ain't going to the Giants.