Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So a bad organization should convert on a higher percentage?

I'm not comparing anything, I'm saying the Sox have not been some epic because they converted on 1 of 3 targets.

When the organization is no where near the luxury cap and is in the 3rd market and has money to spend, yes!

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

To obtain what we need (SP and RF) for a minimal cost in talent, considering the free agent options aren’t ideal and will also require bad contracts.

I’d take on Price’s bad contract if it means we also acquire a 25 year old lefty hitting outfielder.

Price is fine when he pitches. Hes not great anymore but hes also not bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Price is fine when he pitches. Hes not great anymore but hes also not bad.

Exactly, to me that trade is ideal.  Price is owed $96 million over the next 3 years and Benintendi is still arbitration-eligible.  Two holes filled for less than what we were going to give Wheeler alone seems like a wise use of resources to me.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I just sent the White Sox an email as I am frustrated. How am I supposed to set my MLB The Show lineup and rotation if they don't make moves immediately? Grandal didn't move the needle for my team's overall rating. Unacceptable. 

Literally this is what im most excited for

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What does any of this have to do with conversion rate? Jesus christ.

There are 29 other teams also trying to acquire talent. 

To be fair, your second point is way off base. On our main targets thus far, there has been one serious contender. Not all 29 teams are going after the same players with the same offers. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What does any of this have to do with conversion rate? Jesus christ.

There are 29 other teams also trying to acquire talent. 

If you don't understand that a team in this big of a market is not equal to a teams in Florida, I don't think I can explain it to you for you to understand. We should be where the Cubs are, when it comes to spending. Instead, we are penny pinching.

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

To be fair, your second point is way off base. On our main targets thus far, there has been one serious contender. Not all 29 teams are going after the same players with the same offers. 

Sox have bid the highest on 2 of their 3 targets. What are they supposed to do? That's fine.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox have bid the highest on 2 of their 3 targets. What are they supposed to do? That's fine.

I'm not arguing that point. I'm arguing that 29 other teams in the league point. In our case, it was down to us and one other team. And as you and I debated previously, the Sox may have to pay a I don't prefer to play for you tax for some guys. Clearly, it is not just pay the guy the most money as was assumed. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I believe he is referring to Machado last offseason and Grandal and Wheeler this offseason.

I'm sure we over paid Grandal to get him here with that 4th year and probably a few million more per. I'm not mad with that, in fact, I love it. I just wish we would have offered Wheeler 130m to offset that income tax advantage Philly had on us. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

6 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

you think price at 96 million is a good?

David Price is aging but one could argue he’s still a better pitcher than Wheeler.  The $32 million per year on the payroll isn’t exactly ideal but throwing in a low cost 25 year old lefty outfielder (Benintendi) and basically obtaining both a SP and RF for less than Wheeler’s total contract value seems good to me.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

I'm sure we over paid Grandal to get him here with that 4 year and probably a few million more per. I'm not mad with that, in fact, I love it. I just wish we would have offered Wheeler 130m to offset that income tax advantage Reilly had on us. 

Why would the reds give moustakas but not match what the sox paid to Grandal?

If 7 million wasn't enough, I have no idea why 12 would be. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm sure we over paid Grandal to get him here with that 4 year and probably a few million more per. I'm not mad with that, in fact, I love it. I just wish we would have offered Wheeler 130m to offset that income tax advantage Reilly had on us. 

I suspect Grandal is wondering whether he made the right choice to sign so soon after seeing the contracts the starting pitchers have gotten