Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

The Machado offer was a joke so I'd probably just try to keep focus on this off-season if you're trying to heap praise on the White Sox front office.

How am I heaping praise? Because I wont say this offseason has been a failure? Ok, guy.

You know no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to be a white sox fan, right?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Its not good, but price and benetendi for that + arb prices is fine.

Like 2 weeks ago LARR here said that he wouldn't want Price + Benintendi unless they attached $30 million - now that pitching prices have caught up with inflation, it really does seem like a sensible deal to take those 2 on for limited return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Like 2 weeks ago LARR here said that he wouldn't want Price + Benintendi unless they attached $30 million - now that pitching prices have caught up with inflation, it really does seem like a sensible deal to take those 2 on for limited return.

It almost makes too much sense, if the Red Sox were willing to attach Benni..

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would the reds give moustakas but not match what the sox paid to Grandal?

If 7 million wasn't enough, I have no idea why 12 would be. 

No DH at bats and Moose has positional versatility. Maybe they think Grandal will fall off a cliff after year 2 while Moose may still be steady. If the Reds played in the AL, things may have been different. 

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't think you're blatantly lying about something I said, I think you are just mis-remembering, but I never once was against the Price acquisition so please don't attempt to belittle my point by lying about something I said. You got two people to laugh and think you were right though, so you got that going for you. I said I would be all for the deal, and I never said the Red Sox would have to add any money.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Price was on a 4.5 WAR pace this year. He's no longer a star, but he certainly is still a + starter who would liking get 20+ million a year if he was a FA. He's probably overpaid by about 30 million so Benetendis surplus value would negate that difference and the sox should only have to give up a middling prospect.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:37 AM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Price was no where near a 2 WAR pitcher this year. He accumulated 2.3 WAR in just 100 IP. Price has never had a FIP above 4.02. The demise of David Price has been greatly exaggerated because of his market and contract. 

Price and Benetendi for 32 million is more valuable than Cole for 32 million imo. I don't think it straps the Sox at all.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

9 minutes ago, Jake said:

I'd guess Sox going after Price and JD Martinez for minimal talent going the other way is more likely than taking one of their cheaper players.

It has to be Price + Benintendi or else it makes no sense.  Price + JD Martinez would be $55.75 million added to the payroll.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It has to be Price + Benintendi or else it makes no sense.  Price + JD Martinez would be $55.75 million added to the payroll.

That's how you get good players without giving up good players.

Another plausible alternative that adds less to the payroll is also getting Jackie Bradley Jr although I think the Red Sox have a little less incentive to move him for nothing since he isn't earning as much.

12 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Am I the only one waiting to be disappointed when Boston trades us Jackie Bradley and Eovaldi?  😬

Honestly? I wouldn't hate that trade as long as we give up nothing at all. Yonder Alonso type return. I haven't researched Eovaldi enough, but a 3 year deal at like $15mm a year all of a sudden seems like a steal. If we signed him 3/$48 as a FA this year I think our fan base would be excited. If we did JBJ at 1/$11 I think people would say it's an overpay, but obviously it's just one year. That would also make a scary good defensive OF with him and Robert. Pencil in Eovaldi as your SP3 ..... Gio, _____ , Eovaldi, Kopech, Cease, Lopez ... just go with a 6 man until someone gets hurt. Limit the innings of Eovaldi, Kopech and Cease.. I"m actually talking myself into this as a nice plan. haha

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

Honestly? I wouldn't hate that trade as long as we give up nothing at all. Yonder Alonso type return. I haven't researched Eovaldi enough, but a 3 year deal at like $15mm a year all of a sudden seems like a steal. If we signed him 3/$48 as a FA this year I think our fan base would be excited. If we did JBJ at 1/$11 I think people would say it's an overpay, but obviously it's just one year. That would also make a scary good defensive OF with him and Robert. Pencil in Eovaldi as your SP3 ..... Gio, _____ , Eovaldi, Kopech, Cease, Lopez ... just go with a 6 man until someone gets hurt. Limit the innings of Eovaldi, Kopech and Cease.. I"m actually talking myself into this as a nice plan. haha

Okay just looked at baseball reference for stats on both... I wouldn't be as excited. I don't want either unless they're chipping in like $10mm or a fringe prospect too. hah

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't think the Red Sox are letting a HOF caliber player leave in his prime.

They'll move money (Price, JBJ, maybe JDM) and they'll resign Mookie next off-season.

there is no guarantee on him re-signing.  dont we know that much already.  nothing is a sure thing.

Price scares the h out of me for his price tag.  what has he have to prove anymore?  do we think Coop can get him back to normal?

dont spend money to spend money    be smart