SoxBlanco

Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Since we are back in the bargain bin, I wouldn’t mind a Domingo Santana signing. 

All the low OBP OF who can't play D.

35 minutes ago, Orlando said:

wasnt he just saying there was no pressure because next year is the year? What a hack

that was DWS

Just now, Orlando said:

Did anyone catch this? Is this true?

It seemed to make sense with the Mazara trade. It's the one thing that has made sense about that trade.

If the White Sox thought the market for Castellanos and Ozuna was too much (80-100 million) and they figured they'd rather get a cheap RF and spend all their money on Rendon then whatever. I don't love moving Yoan back to second, but that frees up Madrigal (who I love) to be traded for a controllable arm.

This plan makes a lot of sense, but the Sox have to execute it now.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It seemed to make sense with the Mazara trade. It's the one thing that has made sense about that trade.

If the White Sox thought the market for Castellanos and Ozuna was too much (80-100 million) and they figured they'd rather get a cheap RF and spend all their money on Rendon then whatever. I don't love moving Yoan back to second, but that frees up Madrigal (who I love) to be traded for a controllable arm.

This plan makes a lot of sense, but the Sox have to execute it now.

Not criticizing the overall plan...but I think the much more likely plan our FO had behind the Mazara trade was “cheap, LH, hits HR’s, and is young enough to sell his potential”. I highly doubt there was an in-depth master plan behind it. 

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Not criticizing the overall plan...but I think the much more likely plan our FO had behind the Mazara trade was “cheap, LH, hits HR’s, and is young enough to sell his potential”. I highly doubt there was an in-depth master plan behind it. 

I'm sure the team has a plan; regardless of how incompetent you feel they are, they aren't making these moves in a vacuum. Each move, in an off-season of this magnitude, should have another purpose tied to it. Given how supposedly involved they were in the Castellanos/Ozuna market, this pivot leads me to think they want to spend that money elsewhere.

Or, they want to wait out the Castellano/Ozuna markets like I said I'd do, and maybe this doesn't deter them from signing one of those two if their prices plummet. I doubt that happens, and I think they believe both will get somewhere near their demands, but who knows? 

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm sure the team has a plan; regardless of how incompetent you feel they are, they aren't making these moves in a vacuum. Each move, in an off-season of this magnitude, should have another purpose tied to it. Given how supposedly involved they were in the Castellanos/Ozuna market, this pivot leads me to think they want to spend that money elsewhere.

Or, they want to wait out the Castellano/Ozuna markets like I said I'd do, and maybe this doesn't deter them from signing one of those two if their prices plummet. I doubt that happens, and I think they believe both will get somewhere near their demands, but who knows? 

I guess that came off more harsh than intended. I didn’t mean it to come off as “the front office is clueless.” I just find it really hard to connect the dots to a huge signing like Rendon because we got a RF that didn’t cost a lot. That just seems like a pretty big reach/pipe dream. 

But you’re right, who knows is the real answer. Anything other than 1 of Keuchel/Ryu/Bum is going to shock me at this point. Hopefully they really do have something up their sleeve that shocks me in a good way.

I thought that the Heyman comment had been clarified and that it was intended to apply to the Rangers, not the Sox. Texa is after Rendon, and this move is ostensibly constructive toward that end. 

2 hours ago, Orlando said:

wasnt he just saying there was no pressure because next year is the year? What a hack

A hack that just became president of the BBWAA lmao

Listen: I'm not 100% against Keuchel. You have to get him at your price. Anything over 3 years and $50M and I'm out. I think he's going to get 4/80. Hard pass at that price. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Well we still need two guys that can give you 30 starts if needed. Won't be an easy task.

I'd take Keuchel just to have a warm body not named Dylan Covey.  I don't care what he costs.

Opinion on DH: 

Let Collins/McCann/Abreu/Grandal/Platoon RF/Mazara split it. There is no reason not to. Vaughn will be up next spring and Abreu will be the full time DH. There is no reason to absolutely clog that up. If Collins/McCann/Mazara/Platoon RF don't cut it, they can trade for a rental if they're contending. If they're not(shudder) then stand pat. 

• Like 1