Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

11 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

He does know how to run a business, that is the problem. 

hahha that made me laugh. I guess you're right. Like he said coming in 2nd place is the best advice he could give... get's the attendance and concessions money, but never have to go overboard on payroll. Sad thing is we all know this but refuse to pick a new team to follow. Loyalty sucks. 

When I moved to Houston I started following the Astros pretty heavily and basically have split my time between the two teams over the last 5 years. I will say I'm to the point where I just enjoy good baseball. I'd much rather watch the Astros play the Athletics rather than the Sox play Detroit. After a long day of work - I just don't need to watch Ryan Cordell and Gordon Beckham play. I've found it makes life a lot more enjoyable. I'll probably be back to a 75/25 timeshare once the sox bring up Madrigal and Robert, but until then I'll keep splitting my time. 

4 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

The bottom line for me, at this point, is that the White Sox did little to improve their team. Maybe they have a move or two left, but I'm not anticipating it. But Hahn should do something, or he will have very little credibility with fans. Not that he has much now.

It is normal for deals to come together in the few weeks following the winter meetings.  Teams like Boston propose something the WS hadn't been thinking about and free agents learn that teams are not beating down their door.

39 minutes ago, poppysox said:

It is normal for deals to come together in the few weeks following the winter meetings.  Teams like Boston propose something the WS hadn't been thinking about and free agents learn that teams are not beating down their door.

This is normal for other teams, not necessarily the White Sox. The point of my post is that I am not wasting my time getting my hopes up. If something happens, that is good. But I am not waiting for it , or anticipating it.

14 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not based on Hahn’s messaging all offseason.  What are you basing this on?

Typical rehab for UCL. The only thing I've read is that he may start in the minors if he isn't up to full strength. Now maybe that's an excuse to start him in the minors because he will be at full strength.

46 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

At this point, let's just go out and sign 2-3 really good relievers.  We missed on the SP market and I haven't seen us linked to Ryu.  Let's sign Betances and Harris and at least have a really good bullpen to suplement our questionable starting pitchers.

Many of the top relief options are already off the market. There are enough left to sign 2-3, but basically you have to sign all of the next set of options to do that. At this point, you need to go sign Betances, Harris, and Cashner to sign 3 solid relievers, and even then they're not the best options. 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Many of the top relief options are already off the market. There are enough left to sign 2-3, but basically you have to sign all of the next set of options to do that. At this point, you need to go sign Betances, Harris, and Cashner to sign 3 solid relievers, and even then they're not the best options. 

Yeah I was specifically speaking about Betances and Harris.  The third could be a swing man like Wood/McHugh.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:36 AM, mqr said:

I speculated on that earlier saying that since he had bet on himself that should mean he doesn't limit his locations on where he signs. He may still prefer So Cal so if the Padres or Angels have interest maybe they would have a better chance. Or if he wants to play with Choo in Tx.

Since Boras is his agent he will certainly listen to offers from as many teams as he can and use them to drive up the price and make the places he prefers to play pay for it.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

46 minutes ago, bmags said:

I forgot about McHugh. That would be nice for our transitions.

McHugh has only started 20 games in the last 3 years combined and did his best work in those years as strictly a reliever in 2018. He hasn't pitched over 75 innings since 2016 .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside