Jump to content
SoxBlanco

Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Id love to have Q back... I don’t think he’d cost more than a Stiever/Rutherford package imo

Giving up Stiever for a one year rental should be a no go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Id love to have Q back... I don’t think he’d cost more than a Stiever/Rutherford package imo

I’m not giving up Stiever for one year of Q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So Price and who else?

And whomever is on the block because of their cost. We certainly don't have the available assets to trade for good pitchers otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m not giving up Stiever for one year of Q

Q would sign another extension with us IMO, have a feeling he never wanted to leave in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

And whomever is on the block because of their cost. We certainly don't have the available assets to trade for good pitchers otherwise. 

I don’t disagree, just no idea who else fits that description and actually has a chance of being useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bmags said:

Why is there a fit from the cubs? Shedding his salary doesn’t move the needle much

Plus they already have no pitching as it is. They aren't going to create another hole in their rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I wouldn’t be surprised but Hahn will be roasted if this is the case.  The media may even finally join in.

Hey damn well should be roasted. They have been saving money for years and now wont spend a dime where its needed! Need two pitchers. The rotation was weak at best last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DBacks certainly don't have to trade Ray...but he's the biggest (somewhat youngish) name out there.

They'd not only have to put together a trade package for this year, but they'd have to convince him to forgo free agency.  The only way that happens is if he believes he's better off signing now than waiting it out with an uncertain labor situation becoming more and more of an issue.

Which means they're going to have to come up a deal quite similar to the one Wheeler just signed for a pitcher who rarely pitches into the 7th inning due to elevated pitch counts/high strikeout numbers.  That's a useful quality in GRF, but you also need a lock-down bullpen if you have too many pitchers limited to 5-6 innings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, as this offseason goes on it looks more and more like the organization is content on making a run at it in 2021 instead of 2020. At least, that's the optimistic way of looking at it. The pessimistic way of looking at it is that this organization is incompetent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yeah, as this offseason goes on it looks more and more like the organization is content on making a run at it in 2021 instead of 2020. At least, that's the optimistic way of looking at it. The pessimistic way of looking at it is that this organization is incompetent. 

Or even worse than that.. apathetic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yeah, as this offseason goes on it looks more and more like the organization is content on making a run at it in 2021 instead of 2020. At least, that's the optimistic way of looking at it. The pessimistic way of looking at it is that this organization is incompetent. 

You need two starters, a bullpen arm or two, and perhaps a DH/ bench bat.  I don’t see any urgency by Hahn so it’s starting to look like the latter.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bmags said:

It’s very likely the most probable answer is none of the above

 

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I wouldn’t be surprised but Hahn will be roasted if this is the case.  The media may even finally join in.

 

2 hours ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Hahn can care less, the white sox can care less, can't you see this, they think they know all and are allogant

Then Hahn should be ripped in the media and at SoxFest. They can’t keep bringing in and using the same crap mediocre players (you all know who they are) and expecting to win, unless their goal is to collect second and third place finishes...

Edited by The Beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

 

 

Then Hahn should be ripped in the media and at SoxFest. They can’t keep bringing in and using the same crap mediocre players (you all know who they are) and expecting to win, unless their goal is to collect second and third place finishes...

I know of a certain person who said their goal is exactly that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to the Walker signing and reading all the comments from the FO shills how it's actually a good thing.  Like they did with Mazara.

There's like 8 or 9 teams in on Ryu and Keuchel and surely some team will offer more than this FO is comfortable with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, striker said:

I think they are working on something big with one of the Red Sox, Rockies or Mets.

The Mets aren't trading any of their SP they are trying to compete this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

The Mets aren't trading any of their SP they are trying to compete this year.

 

They did mention on mlb network (can't remember which show) that they might look to move Stroman if they can find someone to take Lowrie.  They have like 8 options for starting pitcher.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

The Mets aren't trading any of their SP they are trying to compete this year.

 

They have six starting pitchers. Degrom, Thor, Stroman, Matz, Wacha and Porcello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

They did mention on mlb network (can't remember which show) that they might look to move Stroman if they can find someone to take Lowrie.  They have like 8 options for starting pitcher.  

They would rather gamble on Porcello and Wacha and trade Stroman because of Lowries 1 year 10 million dollar contract?  That doesn't really compute and sounds like a bad hot take.  They do a lot of Mets things but that would be really strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, striker said:

They have six starting pitchers. Degrom, Thor, Stroman, Matz, Wacha and Porcello

That doesn't mean they are going to trade one of DeGrom, Thor, or Stro. I would think Porcello or Wacha are going to be some type of swingman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

They would rather gamble on Porcello and Wacha and trade Stroman because of Lowries 1 year 10 million dollar contract?  That doesn't really compute and sounds like a bad hot take.  They do a lot of Mets things but that would be really strange.

I agree the logic is flawed, but Brodie's fricken goofy man, never know wtf he's thinking.  I wouldn't be shocked if he moved DeGrom tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Beast said:

 

 

Then Hahn should be ripped in the media and at SoxFest. They can’t keep bringing in and using the same crap mediocre players (you all know who they are) and expecting to win, unless their goal is to collect second and third place finishes...

That is exactly what this ownership team's goal is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×