Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

19 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

They have 3, just like us.

Not really.  Odoroizzi and Berrios.  Pineda suspended for 40 games.  Graterol coming off a 61 inning season, never thrown more than 102 innings in a season.

They're arguably in a worse spot than the Sox.  If you consider the fact that they're actually in the middle of their contention window, and that they're best assets are already getting expensive or nearing FA, there is quite a bit more pressure on them to improve their staff than the Sox.  

Edited by ChiSox59

42 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Very good. Finally the CWS are leading in something  -  being desperate.  Lol before this the only thing we lead baseball on was minority hiring and fan safety  (nets from foul pole to foul pole). 

Edited by smellysox
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not really.  Odoroizzi and Berrios.  Pineda suspended for 40 games.  Graterol coming off a 61 inning season, never thrown more than 102 innings in a season.

They're arguably in a worse spot than the Sox.  

That's not what I was arguing.  He's going to be starting for them, that makes 3 SP on the OD roster, like us.

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

That's not what I was arguing.  He's going to be starting for them, that makes 3 SP on the OD roster, like us.

I'd be very surprised if the Twins just put Graterol in their OD starting rotation.  He's going to pitch less major league innings than Michael Kopech in 2020!  He's an option I guess, but if they'd probably have to shut him down middle of the summer.  They're not going from 60 IP to 175+ in one season with their top pitching prospect.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I'd be very surprised if the Twins just put Graterol in their OD starting rotation.  He's going to pitch less major league innings than Michael Kopech in 2020!  He's an option I guess, but if they'd probably have to shut him down middle of the summer.  They're not going from 60 IP to 175+ in one season with their top pitching prospect.  

They obviously can't start him all year I wouldn't think but they can break that up by using him as an opener or some innings from the pen.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

They're arguably in a worse spot than the Sox.  

Twins and White Sox are both in desperate need of pitching, with a limited supply remaining. 

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

An agents dream. Division rivals with a shot at competing bidding against each other. 

I actually hope it turns into a bidding war between us and the Twins, because I think we’d win. 

Two outcomes worse than this are the following:

A) Neither team is interested in overpaying, and Ryu/Keuchel sign outside the division.

B) Even worse, we aren’t interested, but the Twins are, and they snag one of them. 

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

I actually hope it turns into a bidding war between us and the Twins, because I think we’d win. 

Two outcomes worse than this are the following:

A) Neither team is interested in overpaying, and Ryu/Keuchel sign outside the division.

B) Even worse, we aren’t interested, but the Twins are, and they snag one of them. 

I feel like when it comes to Boras, the Sox will bow out early if he tries to goad them into a war with the Twins. They don't seem to play Boras' game.